9/11

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 99atlantic, Sep 10, 2007.

1. DJ down 1000pts tomorrow

2. Nah.
    Nothing happens tomorrow.
    No attacks, no market crashes.

3. I will up that bet, dow down 18,000 points.

4. oriol88

oriol88

tomorrow is Catalonia's national day...
    yes was necessary

5. Forget about the Dow.

Don't forget to remember all the people who have died. It could have been any of us in those buildings.

No who, no how, no when... just WHAT. Violence gives birth to violence. We should look inside ourselves and think wether we are thinking and doing the right things and then, after we've been there, we should check if the ones that lead us are in tune with what we are all about.

Cheers

6. amen

7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Bush and his mates are all cunts IMHO, they do a great job for US stock market though. Don't just blame Bin Ass Laden and his mates, he is just a puppet. If US government weren't so arrogant (We are the most powerful) 9/11 wouldn't have happened and that is putting it lightly, not making an accent on so many let's call them coincidental events that day (not even mentioning conspiracy theories, that's an unpopular subject)

How many innocent fucking Iraqis died from The Liberation process?

8. piezoe

piezoe

"Sorry about this, but my orders are to liberate you from your evil dictator. Therefore, I'm afraid i'm going to have to kill you. Bang!, now your liberated."

There have been several studies of excess deaths in iraq since the war and some of those studies also take into account the sanctions period that preceded the war.

In a Dec. 2005 speech Bush set the figure at 30,000.

according to:
    www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/10/AR2006101001442_pf.html

"A team of American [Johns Hopkins] and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred... This [represents] about 500 unexpected violent deaths per day throughout the country."

There are several other estimates as well:

According to:
    www.countercurrents.org/iraq-polya070207.htm
    The monetary costs, number of refugees, and excess deaths due to the iraqi war are:
    ... as of February 2007: (a) the accrual cost has been $2.3 TRILLION; (b) there are 3.7 million Iraqi refugees; (c) the post-invasion excess deaths (avoidable deaths, deaths that did not have to happen) total 1.0 million (ONE MILLION); (d) post-invasion under-5 infant deaths total 0.6 million; (e) there were 1.7 million excess Iraqi deaths associated with the Western-imposed 1990-2003 Sanctions War; (f) there were 1.2 million under-5 year old infant deaths in the 1990-2003 Sanctions War ...
    and (g) Coalition deaths total about 3,360. "

See the websites cited for documentation and additional information.

9. Patriotic rally today.

Cashin long positions and short into rest of week.

10. #10     Sep 11, 2007