9/11 Truthers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

In other words, according to you, if the structure is weakened it will collapse on its own... Got it.

Of course.... the structure could not have been weakend from a commercial airplane hitting it. It must have been that crew of 5 you mention who planted explosives on every 20th floor, and rigged up a 100+ floor building for demolition within 2 days, without anyone noticing. :D

#31     Sep 10, 2011

2. Not according to myself, the physics have to do a lot with it
    It is the orderly way the both towers collapsed the exactly same way within their foot print which is unheard of. There are very well paid experts who doing demolitions and WTC is the most precise collapse anyone ever seen of the building over 30 floors. never mind 100 floors.
    That is all. Go back to sleep.

#32     Sep 10, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

So this collapse cant happen from a plane hitting the building at 500 miles per hour, but it can happen from someone planting explosives on every 20th floor?

You should really read up on controlled demolition. People in controlled demolition will say unanimously that it would take an entire crew months to rig up something like the twin towers for demolition.

#33     Sep 10, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

For all you 9/11 truthers out there, did we land on the moon and can you prove it?

Whenever I talk to a 9/11 truther when you move away from the engineering aspect of it and over to the logic side, the story usually falls apart.

For example, say only 10 people in the entire world knew and planned this. I think thousands of people would need to be involved but let's say it's only 10. Where are those 10 people? They would have to be killed no? Everybody talks. Everybody! These guys would not keep their mouth shut. So where are they?

Then we get the reasons of getting into war. Since when has this country ever needed a reason for getting into war. Obama just started 3 wars without even telling anybody. Yet, we needed to go through all this trouble to invade Iraq of all places. Look, Iraq violated their UN sanctions. It's a stupid reason to go to war, but that is all congress needed. No reason to create the most elaborate, complicated scheme ever known to man to invade a country that no one in this fucking world gives two shits about.

And for what? Oil? We never got any Iraqi oil. All Saddam's oil contracts were with Total of France, not with us. We never even used any of that oil money to pay for the war.

And why not blow up a inconsequential building in Sarasota, FL or something. Why take a building that you know is going to cripple our economy and probably throw all the existing public officials out of office, which it did. Why destroy stocks markets all over the world wiping out trillions in wealth including all the rich people supposedly behind all this.

None of these questions ever get answered. I'm suppose to shut up and suspend all belief because, you know, the government is bad.

Look, nobody on ET talks about how incompetent our government is more then me. We can't deliver the mail, social security, fix bridges, run the DMV or even keep illegals from coming over here with impunity. I hate to say it, but we are going to have a lot more 9/11's in our future because Washington now can't even sit down and work out a budget. Our government is so helpless that in the world of random events, these things are bound to happen.

Of course parts of the 9/11 story don't add up. Parts of every story don't add up. They don't add because unless you are God, we are dealing with incomplete information. Whether it be as traders in the market or dealing with why your spouse or children are not talking to you. We never have the whole story. There are always contradicting clues about everything under the sun.

The conspiracy guy is filled with such hate and emptiness, that he clings to these things just to show the world that his hate of all things are justified. The hate could be towards the government, a particular party, a particular race or ethnicity or even a socioeconomic group. It's why politicians always play the race card or the class warfare card. Because it's easy to create hate and envy. In other words, it works.

I lived in NY on 9'11 and was in the WTC 45 minutes before the first plane hit. I lived it. I stood outside after the first plane hit and looked at the gaping hole in the building with flames coming out. It's something one will never forget. I was there when both towers collapsed. I will never forget the never ending snow of papers falling from the sky for hours upon hours. The smell of burning computers. The 3 inches of soot on the ground you had to walk through.

I have talked to a lot of 9/11 truthers over the years and the one thing they all have in common is an abject hate of government. Quite frankly these people really scare me. They remind me a lot of Timothy McVeigh. The problem with hate is that it over rides logic. It lives and breathes on emotion. It does not allow one ever to see or understand things clearly. While I have no love for the government, I do not hate it. People in power are just like us, only they have power. They are needy as we are, as greedy as we are, as incompetent as we are and they have the same desires as we have. There is no "they" as a group. There is no "world order" no boogeyman out to get you. They are just a bunch of people who probably could not hack it in the private sector.

As far as I can tell 9/11 did nothing for "them". Our stock markets never recovered. Our housing market collapsed. The US has now become irrelevant on the world political scene with the emergence of China, India and Brazil. But hey Saddam is dead! None of the backstory makes any sense. There is no motive. All there is is hate.

Unfortunately the hate will never go away. Now the hate has been transferred to Obama and in 2 years it might be Romney. The hate never dies, it just gets passed down to future generations. The conspiracies will never go away. It's not possible for them to go away because we will never ever have the complete story to anything.

#34     Sep 10, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Well said, very good post.

The one thing about all these "troofer" stories is that they all defy incredibly basic logic.

#35     Sep 10, 2011
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

That has been my observation as well. They are able to believe that our government would kill 3000 civilians for whatever reason. I cannot get past that idea to even begin to process the technical assertions about demolitions and nano-thermite etc.

I've mentioned before, I was suspended from grade school when I made some thermite so I do know a little about it lol. Making it is easy, getting it to react (ignite) is not so easy. :)

#36     Sep 10, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

How are you sure? I mean have you actually spoken with or seen a video interview of a witness who DID see this?

This reminds me of a conspiracy nut who's been around here for awhile. AMT something or other I think. Anyway I followed a link he posted to one his his favorite web sites once. Among other claims there was a story about how the hijackers used government issued credit cards in the days and weeks leading up to 911. And yet by the conspiracy theorists own admission they chose NOT to pursue the actual credit card numbers and potentially verify their claim.

Why Not?

#37     Sep 10, 2011
  8. What ? I never said it can't collapse from the plane hit. I am just disputing some claims that it would be near impossible to plant explosives and blow it up.
    I am the people you want to talk about controlled demolition and if i am interviewed i would say the same as they did. No one wants any trouble, got it ?

#38     Sep 10, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I disagree. I don't know how much you like to read, but try reading some of the old editorials from 1910, 1920, 1940, 1960, 1985, any year. Every decade people say the EXACT same things. This country is going to hell in hand basket. The debt is unsustainable. The country is too far to the right or the left. Our President is a crook. Congress is corrupt. Seriously, read through some of the old NYT newspapers over the last 100 years or the Saturday Evening Post. Nothing is new here. Everybody acts like we are living in new times when in fact their problem is they never read history because all of this has happened before.

I read a lot. And I can tell you that is nothing new here. The same people saying the same stuff over and over again. You can be suspicious all you want, the fact of the matter is, I asked you some very simple logical questions that you can't answer.

#39     Sep 10, 2011
  10. Larson

Larson Guest

How old are you?

#40     Sep 10, 2011