9-11: The Desecration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Hmm, this is quite an appropriate thread to claim that :). The 9/11 hijackers were all highly educated, spoke english, many had western education. The London tube bombers were all born in the UK and educated by the western European educational system.

There is unfortunately no documented correlation between education and fundamentalism. But even if it were, we have no control over Pakistani madrassas and Saudi Arabian Wahhabi mosques so unfortunately there is hardly anything of substance we can do in this respect.

#11     Sep 12, 2009

2. Yeah it was a shot deal and that was it. They had no intention and no means to attack again. What planet do you live on?

#12     Sep 12, 2009
  3. what is your solution? kill them all? that is expensive not to mention immoral.

if you saw a tidal wave of humanity coming at you because of the birth rate differential would you want them to be uneducated religious fundamentalists or educated trade partners.

#13     Sep 12, 2009
  4. they really have no means of doing any serious damage here. they may be able to do small things here and there but nothing big. what we have done since 911 in iraq has done nothing to reduce their ability.
    what has helped is upgraded security measures on our borders but that could have been done without attacking iraq. how much better would it have been to spend the trillion dollars wasted in iraq on border security. what about the 30,000 troops maimed and killed in the war. how much better to have used them for security in our country.

#14     Sep 12, 2009
  5. Really? The Palestinians certainly don't seem to have any problems pulling off their attacks when they want to. Al-Queda could have as few as 5 or 6 people and they could bring this country to its knees.

#15     Sep 12, 2009
  6. the Palestinians are able to do about as much damage as a fly biting a bear.
    i am sure if Al-Queda had the ability to pull that off they would have already done it. dont be silly.

#16     Sep 12, 2009
  7. Oh, I don't have a solution and I don't believe there is a western solution. The solution must come from them, from the muslim world, from their own soul searching, not from ours. They are sick, they are getting worse by the day and they don't even want to acknowledge that, let alone see a doctor and look for a cure. The solution can only come from them and that's why i don't hold my breath and don't believe it's going to end well.

If you know how to turn them into an educated secular society I am all ears. So far Bush's aggressive approach, Obama's apologies and European appeasement have all miserably failed, even worse, they have all backfired and made matters worse.

#17     Sep 12, 2009
  8. I'm sure that if you had your entire family wiped out by a Palestinian Arab Suicide Bomber you would consider that a little more damaging than a fly biting a bear.

#18     Sep 12, 2009
  9. Why should they compromise? Their curent approach is working like clockwork. They use an extremist faction to intimidate western elites through violence, then follow it up with the "moderates" who press for legal autonomy, censorship of critics and "tolerance". The vast majority may not be actively involved but provide valuable financial and political support.

#19     Sep 12, 2009
  10. TGregg

TGregg

And the hand wringing liberal apologists provide cover in the civilized countries. A fine state of affairs for the barbarians, indeed. It's pretty funny if you look at it from their POV. Somehow a bunch of soft, effeminate, panty-waisted snobs managed to acquire lots of wealth, technology and power. But they have neither the will nor the presence of mind to keep it. They would rather die so that none would consider them racist or mean spirited. Paper Tiger, very much so.

#20     Sep 12, 2009