9/11 Families Blast Clarke!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Come on Waggie, you are much smarter then that. I'll give you one freebie, but just this one.

#41     Mar 29, 2004
  2. Yeah, I am not sure what Maverick is talking about when he refers to Dick Cheney's options as being fixed options.

In all fairness to Cheney, he has indicated that he is pledging to give aftertax proceeds of the stock options to charity.

#42     Mar 29, 2004
  3. Why mention a small fish if Big fish is not even catching the eyes of some "I-Will-Follow-My-Political-Leader-like-a-Guru's-Sect" ? The proof nobody cares about commenting on these real objective facts but just discuss on subjective opinions or try to elude by using humor when they completely lack arguments in front of truths exposed like this one:

James Baker a director of Carlyle Group, as well as George Bush Senior, which was even CEO for 4 years - and still plays the seller's man all over the world for this group notably in south korea - and acting for the interest of Ben Laden family investment who was main shareholders of Carlyle, now defends the same Saudi Arabia interest againt the 9/11 family :

James Baker Defending Saudis against 9-11 Families' Lawsuit

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3067906/

"Saudis hire some of the toniest U.S. law firms to defend them against the landmark $1 trillion lawsuit on behalf of the victims of 9-11. So why is the plaintiff’s counsel ecstatic? Plus, new heat on radical imam"

"April 16 - After months of working below the radar, a huge U.S. legal team hired by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has sprung into action and begun a major counteroffensive against a landmark lawsuit seeking $1 trillion in damages on behalf of the victims of the September 11 terror attacks.

THE OPENING DEFENSE SALVO in what promises to be a bruising legal battle was fired last week when a trio of lawyers from Baker Botts, a prestigious Houston-based law firm, filed a motion on behalf of Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, the Saudi defense minister. The motion attacked the 9-11 lawsuit as a “broadside indictment of Saudi government, religion and culture.” It also argued that, as the third-ranking official of a foreign government, their client is immune from any U.S. legal action and that he should therefore be dismissed from the case altogether.

But in laying out their arguments, Sultan’s U.S. lawyers also presented highly detailed new evidence of the Saudi government’s role in funneling millions of dollars to a web of Islamic charities that are widely suspected by U.S. officials of covertly financing the operations of Al Qaeda and other international terrorist groups."

"Baker Botts, Sultan’s law firm, for example, still boasts former secretary of State James Baker as one of its senior partners. Its recent alumni include Robert Jordan, the former personal lawyer for President Bush who is now U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia."

#43     Mar 29, 2004
  4. The filing showed Cheney still holds options on 500,000 shares that have exercise prices ranging from $28.13 to $54.50 a share. The options expire each December in the years 2007, 2008 and 2009.

yep ad nauseam

#44     Mar 29, 2004
  5. pledge wow that settles it - no conflict of interests. why didnt you say that at the beginning.

yeah i know ive heard that. the article from cnn i was quoting earlier, written before he took office, claimed Cheney would forfeit the options before taking office. at least now he has pledge them to charity. I actually know a girl named Charity - maybe thats who he's talking about.

#45     Mar 29, 2004