9/11 Families Blast Clarke!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

You don't have a political bias here do you?

#21     Mar 29, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are correct. I hate anybody that exploits tragedies on the right or the left. There is plenty of money to be made in this world and there are plenty of great books that can be written without having to do it at the expense of those who lost their lives. I think those on the right that do it are just as much scum as those on the left. No political bias on my end.

#22     Mar 29, 2004

3. :D C'mon -- how's about a response to my post?

You think a guy who wrote a book is a scumbag, but you don't think that a guy whose former company would profit enormously from an Iraq invasion IS a scumbag? Especially considering his administration 1)Lied about ties between Iraq and Al-Queda, and 2)Lied about the justification for invading Iraq (includes making up evidence).

At least Clarke's book won't get anyone killed, except maybe Clarke and his family...:eek:

#23     Mar 29, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bung, Cheney did not profit one cent on the war. Not a single penny. Look it up.

#24     Mar 29, 2004
  5. I said "former company"

#25     Mar 29, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Who cares how it benefits his former company? How is it benefiting Cheney?

#26     Mar 29, 2004
  7. stock options

A report by the Congressional Research Service undermines Vice President Dick Cheney's denial of a continuing relationship with Halliburton Co., the energy company he once led, Sen. Frank Lautenberg said Thursday

The report says a public official's unexercised stock options and deferred salary fall within the definition of "retained ties" to his former company.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/26/politics/main575356.shtml

#27     Mar 29, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah but what you don't understand is the amount he gets from those is fixed. Meaning it does not gp up or down. If HAL stock went through the roof, he gets the same amount and if HAL went bankrupt he would get the same amount. It's tied into his benefits package that ws negotiated before he retired. In other words, IT MEANS NOTHING!

#28     Mar 29, 2004
  9. I find it curious that Democrats on the Hill are supposedly outraged that Bush misled them about the war, etc, yet they profess to be completely cool with the fact that Clarke now says he basically lied to them. His excuse, that he was representing the administration, doesn't count for much if they disagree with you, as countless Republican officials who have been subjected to witch hunts can testify.

#29     Mar 29, 2004
  10. you've got to be kidding about the witch hunts...

unless i am missing something, clarke has also requested that ALL of his testimony be made public, plus i don't see how you can condemn his farewell letter to bush -- if you've never kissed a boss' or former boss' ass before, then you're a better man than most people...

#30     Mar 29, 2004