$8k to $80k in '08

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bandit77, Jan 3, 2008.

$8k to $80k in '08

1. Yes, go get'em Bandit.

94 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. No way.

79 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. Hey Bandit I too trade the ER2

I put breakout levels & Breakdown levels every day on my blog
    of all the indexes, it is something that larry williams followed
    he would always buy on strength and sell on weakness

Also if you have all the indexes in the sell zone the target
    will have about an 80 % chance of getting hit, and you can see what market is stronger or if all markets are week or a mixed
    market and that would tell you that we are in a choppy market

So if you want there are there every day for anyone to check out
    keep track of the % they are correct, I think you will be surprised

Keep in mind they can be pivots as well !!

Good luck with you endeavor I hope you make it

http://tradepilotpro.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TradePilotPro

Take Care,

Joe Baker

#31     Jan 3, 2008
  2. Yrutman

Yrutman

Im going to take some of these comments as a compliment because I have about a 12k trading account with a place that lets me trade the CL for $1000.00 day rate, and I make between 2-400 a day on average and actually take money out every few weeks and do quite well and dont think I need to put more capital in there. I can assure you it can be done. You know why? I have done it twice so far I have taken 14,000 to 71k in nine months trading crude took the money out for personal and took a break from trading. Then I opened another account with 9k and took that to about 50k in six months and this was all done trading the CL. Now I have blown accounts out in the past but I have tightened my discipline and exit when Im up on the day . I just shut everything off and it works out great. Truth is making money in the markets is easy, the hard part is wanting to make more and not being satisfied with what we get and constantly forcing trades, that really is the most difficult part. Because as far as Im concerned you have to be retarded if you cant make 1-200 a day trading futures with 10k. I really mean this.

#32     Jan 3, 2008
  3. Very impressive Yrutman. I like going against the prevailing opinion also. I hope the negative comments continue.

#33     Jan 4, 2008
  4. Interesting websites Joe Baker. I'll check them out when I get a chance.

#34     Jan 4, 2008
  5. Net +1516 on 5 ER2

First day back in 2008. Pleased with the end result, but pissed with the trading. Caught 3 points on the down move, but left, oh, 10 points on the table. Happy to get that 1st win though.

• 188.jpg
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
    #35     Jan 8, 2008
  6. opt789

opt789

You are trading 5 ER2, with an overnight margin of 26,250 with only 8 grand? With the volatility we have been having 10 fold returns in a year are definitely possible, but your leverage is unnecessarily high.

#36     Jan 8, 2008
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I am just curious, so let's make a poll:

If the OP finishes the year with 18K instead of 80K, is that a success or a failure? (I can argue both ways)

#37     Jan 8, 2008
  8. +1150 on 17 ER2.

Choppy day, real spikey.

• 198.jpg
      File size:
      62.7 KB
      Views:
    #38     Jan 9, 2008
  9. +1276 on 22 ER2 traded.

Happy with the trading. bought the up move, shorted the down move.

• 1108.jpg
      File size:
      270.7 KB
      Views:
    #39     Jan 10, 2008
  10. You need to do some serious study of people who have tried this. I monitored plenty of systems of those trying to do this. There is often a gradual equity build, and then we have a few days like the past week or so. And suddenly, a 550% accumulated gain crashes, and even becomes a 300% loss. Much faster than the accumulated gain.

your theorem that you are risking only $8K is very naive and groundless, unless you are not doing leveraged trading.

And regardless of the answer you give, it is obvious you don't grasp this from having done a lot of watching of what REALLY happens.

#40     Jan 10, 2008