8800 dow wow Where is the Floor

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hottpotat0, Oct 9, 2008.

1. dhpar

dhpar

it is ironic isn't it, that lack of money (credit crunch) gets always followed by (hyper)inflation - and that we need to live through these lesson again and again - at least as long as we have a fiat currency.

"Inflation is Always and Everywhere a Monetary Phenomenon" M.F.

[​IMG]

and no, it is not different this time.

#41     Oct 9, 2008
  2. me2

me2

there is no spoon

#42     Oct 9, 2008
  3. Its not a time to be short anything since the volatility can make you lose your shirt. Its a margin call rally to the downside. When it clears up be prepared for a blood bath for the short sellers. I see a rise to proportionate levels and we will see stocks not related to the bank sector take a forefront role.

Index funds are on the menu daily. XLF is a daily special.

#43     Oct 9, 2008
  4. When everyone is done selling

#44     Oct 9, 2008
  5. "so cyclically where are we stocks wise? what should be bought? defensive stocks? commodities down short term profits will be up on food stuffs??? energy stocks??? which ones???"

In the future (by your exasperation, it is too late now) if you are a short- to mid-term (not long-term, i.e. 10-20 year averaging into 401k account) trader. . .know that Bear Markets ARE a reality - and they get real ugly.

Don't buy anything.

Cut all losses at 7% - NO QUESTIONS ASKED and you will be fine.

Paysense

:mad:

#45     Oct 9, 2008
  6. MMMM...WTF just happen in the last 30 min.... JESUS CHRIST

#46     Oct 9, 2008
  7. Its portfolio dressing time on Monday as the best funds go into 2009 with quality names. Its also a major Jewish holiday. The market will have to step up its push. If you are short then its time to cover. I know what I know and its time for big money to make money. These banks will not go out of business since the bigger banks will gobble up the losers.

The foreign markets will invest in America when the dust clears. I am calling for a range of 7700 on the low side and 12000 by next year. The downside is worth the risk. If you trade this is a good time to be in and out by the end of the day.

Isn't this what we wish for?

#47     Oct 9, 2008
  8. sumosam

sumosam

i bought last week or so and have since sold

#48     Oct 9, 2008
  9. It has strong support at zero.

#49     Oct 9, 2008
  10. The time to buy is when you look at a daily chart and can point and say 'that was the bottom".

#50     Oct 9, 2008