87% of all funds return less than S&P??????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kapama, Sep 30, 2007.

1. This is one of the most powerful and telling statements on market structure, analytics, and trading.

IOW, over 80% of the brightest guys out there just can't figure out how to beat the market ... and it's nothing personal. :D

Thank you for the post.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#21     Oct 1, 2007
  2. maxpi

maxpi

But we at ET will try anyhow!! :D

#22     Oct 1, 2007
  3. Juding by hopw so many people on ET or short in the trading section or recommend bad stocks on the 'stock' section I'm not too surprised such a high percentage of fund managers are unable to beat the market.

Beating the market is so easy.

There is no excuse not to.

#23     Oct 1, 2007
  4. Juding by how so many people on ET are short in the 'trading' section or recommend bad stocks on the 'stock' section I'm not too surprised such a high percentage of fund managers are unable to beat the market.

Beating the market is so easy.

There is no excuse not to.

#24     Oct 1, 2007
  5. Clearly, they don't know Jack.

#25     Oct 1, 2007
  6. heypa

heypa

Just a watcher,however:
    I don't like their benchmark,especially how they are capitalization weighted.I never thought that selling 10,000 shares of MSFT should automatically apply to the total capitalization.The price is the result of the number of shares offerred and bought.
    If they were honest in comparing they would evaluate the mutual funds the same way.If they they evaluated this way the scam,when explained would be exposed.( Not defending mutual funds since I believe they are run by people that are more comfortable trading other peoples money- takeing a fee rather than risking their own money.)
    NOT ONE WORD THAT COMES FROM THE FINANCIAL PRESS IS HONEST.IT SHOULD ALL BE LABELED AS ADVESTISING.

All the above is my humble opinion.

#26     Oct 1, 2007
  7. kapama

kapama

I am sorry I am not understanding. What does "front month ES contract " mean?

#27     Oct 1, 2007
  8. The most liquid mini S&P 500 futures contract.

#28     Oct 1, 2007