$87 Billion Dollars --- Time to Buy Haliburton

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Oct 21, 2003.

1. In conclusion this makes the link with my other thread :D
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=355635#post355635

One cannot be astonished any more when Christian de Brie and Jean de Maillard journalists wrote :
    "Big business complicity and political laisser faire is the only way that large-scale organized crime can launder and recycle the fabulous proceeds of its activities. And the transnationals need the support of governments and the neutrality of regulatory authorities in order to consolidate their positions, increase their profits, withstand and crush the competition, pull off the "deal of the century" and finance their illicit operations. Politicians are directly involved and their ability to intervene depends on the backing and the funding that keep them in power. This collusion of interests is an essential part of the world economy, the oil that keeps the wheels of capitalism turning."

#11     Oct 22, 2003
  2. I don't know what Liberal means in this context of your statement; whether that's the opposite of Conservative; whether that's an acronysim for a filthy curse word; whether that's a derogatory cloaked in respectible language; whether that's supposed to be some title/label to warn others that "this guy is not a team player"; whether there really exists a team for which payment for loyalty exists, or you just couldn't say anything intelligent.

All the comments inbetween yours and mines by HarryTrader were more enlightening to me than I ever expected. Evidently this event has not gone unnoticed. Evidently you are a very shallow thinker to nievely believe that conspiritourious conduct was not afoot.

Whatever the case (and certainly not meant to be provocative or insultative) we as US Taxpayers certainly pay for more than just US Domestic concerns.

Wow, who ever knew the power of the US Dollar (as world currency). Pity they do not make the phones, roads, services and other infrastructure in the US work first.....

#12     Oct 22, 2003
  3. LOL. You don't have to be a liberal to know that HAL benefits from Bush/Cheney. Is this Sean Hannity? Never address the facts, just call the poster a liberal!!!

LOL.

#13     Oct 22, 2003
  4. I've met one the guys who led the team that put out the fires in this last Iraq war. He put on a talk here for fellow oil-field types a couple of months ago on how they did it.

In late 2002 the military came to two guys here in Houston, from two different companies (neither was Halliburton by the way), who had the most experience in putting out Iraqi oil well fires. These guys had supervised the extinguishing of thousands of fires in the first Iraq war. The military wanted their help to plan. This is not something you want to go "low bid" on.

One company was chosen, and the other was added as a 'consultant'. For obvious political reasons the military could not officially award a contract to fight oil well fires in Iraq in late 2002. At this point it was mostly about planning. The fire fighting contract was "line itemed" into the most appropriate, closest contract they could find at the time, a contract with KBR (part of Halliburton) to build refugee huts or something in Croatia. Apparently this allowed them to move the earth-moving equipment they needed beforehand without attracting much attention.

To make a long story short, these guys worked with the military for months planning how to 1) sabotage Iraqi efforts to blow stuff up, and 2) put out the fires they did start. I forget the actual numbers, but out of hundreds of explosives set, only 20-30 went off, and only 7 oil well fires resulted, most of which were put out before the U.S. got into Bagdad. The biggest damage was a pipeline severed over a lake.

I don't want to get into a debate here. I just wanted to relay the story as told to me by someone who was there, doing the work.

One funny part. He had a picture of their Marine guards holding a fire hose while he and the roughnecks held the M16's. It seemed the Marines found the roughneck work right up their alley and wanted to help when they could.

#14     Oct 22, 2003
  5. jem

jem

Always two sides to a story. This may explain why the dems in congress were not all going nuts over this. Perhaps the hal money was already spent in these clandestine ways and this was known to the democrat leadership.

by the way before I read that amubushhillbilly stuff I was outraged too. Now I realize I need more info.

#15     Oct 22, 2003
  6. T-REX

T-REX

LET'S CUT TO THE CHASE!

SHORT "HAL" UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!:D

#16     Oct 22, 2003

7. nuhhhh ..........time to short big. :D

when the truth comes comes out on the real culprits behind 9-11, add huge shorts on military Industrial Complex companies.:p :cool:

think!! who benefits from this mess?:eek: where all the money goes?
    work backwards get your answers, take action act:D

Harrytrader, interesting links, xplains a bunch, mucho gracias

#17     Oct 22, 2003
  8. Please tell us who the "real" culprits behind 9-11 were? I was under the impression it was radical muslims who hated the U.S.

I am waiting to be enlightened.

#18     Oct 22, 2003

9. :) brother mondo/arba, :D can you handle the truth?
    hint, hint, Afganistan & Iraq had very little to do with it if anything at all:p :eek:
    just about every country out there has radicals that hate us. 9-11 is not about hate but a business investment.... follow the $$$$$$$:D

__but I digress__the thread is not about whodunit:p

#19     Oct 22, 2003
  10. As for me I'm not a liberal but from right wing; nevertheless I don't follow a political guru as if he was a sect guru only because I am supposed to be on the same board than him ideologically. And when these gurus deal with drugs and crimes with the benefits of public tax sorry it is out of question that I shut my mouth haha ! If Chirac is a crook he is a crook, the same for Bush & Cheney. And it is not only about drug but also about terrorism.
    Fair competition of business and capitalism have not to be confused with aparatchiks of Communism or worst maffias criminals who more and more "obey" the law to do their business because the law has been changed little by little and allow that so that they can even claim to be "honorable" businessmen.

#20     Oct 22, 2003