$87 Billion Dollars --- Time to Buy Haliburton

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Oct 21, 2003.

1. $87 billion dollar appropriation

Halliburton (HAL) receives no-bid contracts exclusively for work within Iraq

Humm,,,,

Is it time to buy/work for HAL?

2. Oh that's smart...you must be a pro at this.

First of all, if you were as smart as you'd like me to think, you'd move to a civilized country, like France.

And if you were a pro, you'd be shorting HAL, not buying it. Why? See the post above.

OK, so you need some help here. The smart money already bought, now they need someone like you to sell to.

Don't any of you termites think?

3. look kid, I'm feeling kinda mushy tonight. so let me give you a lesson in how likfe and the markets work.

I got this widget, it cost me $5, it's selling for $10, I know it's going to $50. how much would you think I'd sell it for? It's not for sale kid.

OK, it's selling for $25 now...what do you think I'd take? It's not fior sale.

OK, now the market is $45. How much do you think I'll sell for now?

How many widgets do you want?

I'll give you all I got for $45.

Why? Because we both know widgets are going to $50.

Guess what I'm willing to do at $47, $48, $9? I'm going to sell you widgets I don't have.

Now, what happens when widgets reach $49? I'm selling with both hands. Do you know why? Because you are sure they're going to $50.

And when they get to $50, you say sell, and the market says, to who?

4. Guninthewater

Guninthewater Guest

WOW!!!

I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT LIKE THAT BEFORE!

People that think they're original in their sarcasm crack me up, especially when the comments they make are as trite as these.

Thank you sir, I needed a good laugh this evening.

P.S. I hope to God you were being sarcastic.

Guninthewater

5. hey guys .... keep your eye on the ball....

in this case, its a political one...

we're not talking buying/selling/shorting HAL

we're talking one of the biggest thefts in US history being perpetrated on the American people ever....

6. When making such a powerful statement, please back it up with facts. Don't just throw stuff out there! Typical liberal.

7. http://www.afsc.org/newengland/bigcat/new.htm

"All in the Family video 2003 15 mins. CBS 60 Minutes details how Halliburton and its subsidiaries got 7 billion contracts from the US government before the 2003 invasion of Iraq began. A CEO whose company worked in the Gulf War extinguishing oil fires describes the lack of competitive bidding. When he applied for contracts in Dec. 2002, he was told it was “too early to decide” although the classified contracts had already been awarded. The trend towards privatizing the military began with George Bush Sr. The video ends describing the cozy relationship between retired US army officers, government officials (Cheney, Pearle and others), and the companies that are awarded government contracts. All involved deny there is a problem. Information and the production are excellent. Age level: high school to adult."

8. http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0304/S00160.htm

"KBR and Halliburton have broken U.S. laws on numerous occasions while Cheney was chief executive and as far back as 1978. Moreover, the company inflated the price of some of its military contracts and defrauded the government.

Last year, KBR agreed to pay the U.S. government $2 million to settle allegations it defrauded the military while Cheney was chief executive of parent company Halliburton. KBR was accused of inflating contract prices for maintenance and repairs at Fort Ord, a now-shuttered military installation near Monterey, Calif. The lawsuit, filed in Sacramento, alleged KBR submitted false claims and made false statements in connection with 224 delivery orders between April 1994 and September 1998.

KBR and Halliburton has also paid out settlements to end investigations and lawsuits on half-a-dozen other occasions.

In 1978, a grand jury indicted KBR on charges that it colluded with a competitor on marine construction work. KBR paid a $1 million fine to settle the charges. In 1995, the U.S. fined Halliburton $3.8 million for violating a ban on exports to Libya. Four years later, a Halliburton subsidiary opens an office in Iran, despite a U.S. ban on
    doing business in that country. In 2001, Halliburton shareholders lash out at company executives for its pipeline project in Burma, citing that country's human-rights abuses.
    Also in 2001, watchdog groups blast Cheney for placing 44 Halliburton subsidiaries in foreign tax havens."

9. http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ciadrugs/bush-cheney-drugs.html

The CPI report entitled "Cheney Led Halliburton To Feast at Federal Trough" written by veteran journalists Knut Royce and Nathaniel Heller describes how, under five years of Cheney's leadership, Halliburton, largely through subsidiary Brown and Root, enjoyed $3.8 billion in federal contracts and taxpayer insured loans. The loans had been granted by the Export-Import Bank (EXIM) and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC). According to Ralph McGehee's "CIA Base ©" both institutions are heavily infiltrated by the CIA and routinely provide NOC to its officers.

One of those loans to Russian financial/banking conglomerate The Alfa Group of Companies contained $292 million to pay for Brown and Root's contract to refurbish a Siberian oil field owned by the Russian Tyumen Oil Company. The Alfa Group completed its 51% acquisition of Tyumen Oil in what was allegedly a rigged bidding process in 1998. An official Russian government report claimed that the Alfa Group's top executives, oligarchs Mikhail Fridman and Pyotr Aven "allegedly participated in the transit of drugs from Southeast Asia through Russia and into Europe."

These same executives, Fridman and Aven, who reportedly smuggled the heroin in connection with Russia's Solntsevo mob family were the same ones who applied for the EXIM loans that Halliburton's lobbying later safely secured. As a result Brown and Root's work in Alfa Tyumen oil fields could continue - and expand.

After describing how organized criminal interests in the Alfa Group had allegedly stolen the oil field by fraud, the CPI story, using official reports from the FSB (the Russian equivalent of the FBI), oil companies such as BP-Amoco, former CIA and KGB officers and press accounts then established a solid link to Alfa Tyumen and the transportation of heroin.

In 1995 sacks of heroin disguised as sugar were stolen from a rail container leased by Alfa Echo and sold in the Siberian town of Khabarovsk. A problem arose when many residents of the town became "intoxicated" or "poisoned." The CPI story also stated, "The FSB report said that within days of the incident, Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) agents conducted raids of Alfa Eko buildings and found 'drugs and other compromising documentation.'

"Both reports claim that Alfa Bank has laundered drug funds from Russian and Colombian drug cartels.

"The FSB document claims that at the end of 1993, a top Alfa official met with Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela, the now imprisoned financial mastermind of Colombia's notorious Cali cartel, 'to conclude an agreement about the transfer of money into the Alfa Bank from offshore zones such as the Bahamas, Gibraltar and others. The plan was to insert it back into the Russian economy through the purchase of stock in Russian companies.

10. Also interesting from the same article:

"In 1982, then UCLA political science professor Paul Jabber, filled in many of the pieces in my quest to understand what I had seen in New Orleans. He was qualified to do so because he had served as a CIA and State Department consultant to the Carter administration. Paul explained that, after a 1975 treaty between the Shah of Iran and Saddam Hussein the Shah had cut off all overt military support for Kurdish rebels fighting Saddam from the north of Iraq. In exchange the Shah had gained access to the Shat al-Arab waterway so that he could multiply his oil exports and income. Not wanting to lose a long-term valuable asset in the Kurds, the CIA had then used Brown and Root, which operated in both countries and maintained port facilities in the Persian Gulf and near Shat al-Arab to rearm the Kurds. <font color="red">The whole operation had been financed with heroin</font>. Paul was matter-of-fact about it.

In 1983 Paul Jabber left UCLA to become a Vice President of Banker's Trust and Chairman of the Middle East Department of the Council on Foreign Relations. "

#10     Oct 22, 2003