85% of retail traders short S&P

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by billyjoerob, Mar 30, 2016.

1. dartmus

dartmus

reify?

absurd!

:)

#51     Apr 5, 2016
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  2. I Know You

I Know You

You a macro expert now? :) Whenever market is at crossroads IMO you gotta go with every cycle, be it counter uptrend or counter downside. I view daily cycle as being very close to having completed itself. But...

#52     Apr 5, 2016
    dartmus and Buy1Sell2 like this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Price would not care about max pain to the retail trader.

#53     Apr 5, 2016
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Price typically shakes out traders who have poorly placed stops inside the noise.

#54     Apr 5, 2016
  5. Retail traders just double down, they don't get shaken out of a position because they don't use stops. Here is how a retail trader loses money. He martingales all the time, but always covers/sells too early, tend to lose more on losers than on winners, but he has a positive winning percentage. He maximizes winning percentage and tends to enter and exit positions far too early.

#55     Apr 5, 2016
  6. dartmus

dartmus

No and please note I'm not anywhere near being any kind of expert. I'm constantly learning new things. :) ...but I can eyeball this trap!..don't have to measure anything to see that much!

#56     Apr 5, 2016
  7. I Know You

I Know You

I was joking, no offence intended.

#57     Apr 5, 2016
  8. dartmus

dartmus

I was joking too. :D
    except for the part about learning and eyeballing this trap.

#58     Apr 5, 2016
  9. I Know You

I Know You

I don't entirely agree with your statement, as even if you place your stop entirely outside the noise you could still get squeezed. There is no optimal stop because directional bias is 50/50.

#59     Apr 5, 2016
  10. Hardest thing in the world is to figure out optimal stop placement with futures trading...I'll always take an options trade over a futures trade if there is sufficient liquidity (tight bid/ask)...The overnight markets pretty much guarantee stop runs every single night...

#60     Apr 5, 2016