85 billion a year hit to US economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mvector, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Mvector

Mvector

Their opinion as to the total impact of people not flying - not going to the hotel - not renting a car - not conducting busines - etc - etc - etc.

#11     Dec 24, 2011
  2. Mvector

Mvector

#12     Dec 24, 2011
  3. Mvector

Mvector

#13     Dec 24, 2011
  4. Mvector

Mvector

Courage is the only backbone of freedom - not cowardice.

I feel bad that you have been brainwashed into thinking a government makes you safe - you are the "class" they always wanted to build - you are their dream citizen - locked in fear, and in constant feel of need of their protection.

#14     Dec 24, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Well said. Old Timer represents everything that is wrong with America. Those who give up liberty for security, deserve neither - Ben Franklin.

#15     Dec 24, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

+1.
    this quote is worthy as a thread in itself.

#16     Dec 24, 2011
  7. but you said they go by some other method. They still spend the travel money. In central and southern California I take the AmTrak.. interesting that though, one trip I found that a Black guy with Blue Tennis Shoes [Cripps] was riding along and conducting business in Chicago and Los Angeles via his cell phone, I'm not the only one that wants to avoid the airports...

The real loss to the economy is the bloated government thingy. If we wanted to narrow the number of people we were trying to keep from blowing up planes we would give everybody free psych evals and keep tabs on about 5% of the population just as a routine crimestopper thingy for openers. That isn't even interference with their freedoms that much. We would definitely profile people, we would do things way different... I'm doing this in my personal life. I'm learning to spot psychopaths, it's too cool, they have "poker tells". I require very little interaction to nail a diagnosis.. if I want to follow up for some reason, a $50 investigation would confirm or deny.. I'm interacting on a daily basis with about 200 people currently and were I allowed to bury six or seven psychopaths it would raise the quality of existence by 50%...

One guy I heard in an interview pointed out that the screening causes queing and a large number of people behind the checkpoints that are a good target for a homicidal maniac with some plastic explosives.. or a plastic blade for that matter...

#17     Dec 24, 2011
  8. If the government can't even protect me when I get on an airplane, what good is the government anyway?

#18     Dec 24, 2011
  9. Mvector

Mvector

bloated government is a part of the problem with excessive costs, as is foreign vacation & business travelers who will not fly into the US now because of our TSA policies. Several business owners I know in canada, south america, and europe have completely stopped flying to US. We do gotowebinar or skype meetings all the time which can be a pain. The body scanners and pat downs are the biggest problem.

#19     Dec 24, 2011
  10. Mvector

Mvector

You keep missing the biggest issue - your government is the one tied to all plane related incidents on 9/11 to present. Your government is not trying to protect you at all - when are you going to realize that?

#20     Dec 24, 2011