83% of doctors consider quitting over ObamaCare.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare
    Published: 2:20 PM 07/09/2012

Eighty-three percent of American physicians have considered leaving their practices over President Barack Obama’s health care reform law, according to a survey released by the Doctor Patient Medical Association.

The DPMA, a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, surveyed a random selection of 699 doctors nationwide. The survey found that the majority have thought about bailing out of their careers over the legislation, which was upheld last month by the Supreme Court.

Even if doctors do not quit their jobs over the ruling, America will face a shortage of at least 90,000 doctors by 2020. The new health care law increases demand for physicians by expanding insurance coverage. This change will exacerbate the current shortage as more Americans live past 65.

By 2025 the shortage will balloon to over 130,000, Len Marquez, the director of government relations at the American Association of Medical Colleges, told The Daily Caller.

The DPMA found that many doctors do not believe the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will lead to better access to medical care for the majority of Americans, co-founder of the DPMA Kathryn Serkes told TheDC.

http://www.doctorsandpatients.org/resources/85-physician-attitudes-survey-june-2012

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/09/r...idered-quitting-over-obamacare/#ixzz20AYyY6pd

2. Max E.

Max E.

And yet, the hopelessly partisan "politifact" site has tried to claim that it is false that Obamacare will come between a patient and his doctor.....

Lets see here..... if my Doctor quits based on Obamacare did that piece of legislation not come between me and my doctor???

[​IMG]

Its amazing watching these left wing operations work hand in hand in order to re-elect Obama......

Politifact hasnt even fact checked a a single Obama attack on Bain, when all the other fact checkers have shown Obama's bain ads to be blatantly false, and the washington posts fact checker even called their own news papers coordinated attack between Obama and the Washington post completely false, giving it their highest ranking of dishonesty...... Yet politifact will go out and destroy their credibility in order to give the media an out when trying to defend obamacare....

The left wing medias line always goes something along the line of "Well here is what a fact checker, "politifact" says about that argument....."

3. BSAM

BSAM

LOL---

I will believe this when I see it.
    Those lazy overpaid heathens ain't going nowhere.

4. I've already given my notice cutting hrs by 50% next yr and going forward.

It's really too funny, because health care ins as a benefit package just became less of an incentive to work.

I'm gonna collect free obama care.

Can you liberals say "unintended consequences"?

Rotflmao

5. pspr

pspr

Arguably the worst piece of legislation to ever come out of congress and be signed by a president.

6. That's what I was thinking. The real business world is a mean SOB, most docs ain't tough enough to scrape and fight and hustle their ass.

7. +1

83% of todays doctors should be kicked out for being greedy scumbags.

8. oh man that's funny, some loser on a trading forum calls 83% of MD's "greedy scumbags".

9. But I'm sure that he's perfectly ok with all the ambulance chasing scumbag lawyers who drive up the malpractice insurance rates for these "greedy scumbag" doctors.

After all the dem's have been "in bed" with the PI lawyers for a very long time.

10. 1.I call bullshit.Where are all these guys going to go to replace 300,000 + incomes

2.Why are they pissed,they are getting 50 million new customers

#10     Jul 9, 2012