800k to lose jobs next year due to housing

Discussion in 'Economics' started by capmac, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Farside

Farside

Actually, the rich foreigner idea is mine and my friends. I say this because in NYC, all they are building is $2m condos and they are selling like crazy. California has had a horrible job market for years. Somebody is buying the real estate without the need of employment!

#11     Dec 7, 2005
  2. I left NJ because the prices were too high.I moved to the Atlanta area where it is so much cheaper and nicer.Here are a few examples of homes you can get.This one is 239k.

• p4.jpg
      File size:
      43.8 KB
      Views:
    #12     Dec 7, 2005
  3. This one is 215k.

• p2.jpg
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views:
    #13     Dec 7, 2005
  4. This one is 235k.

• p1.jpg
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
    #14     Dec 7, 2005
  5. This one is 250k.

• p3.jpg
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views:
    #15     Dec 7, 2005
  6. So as you see,everyone can live well in the Atlanta area.Plenty of good paying jobs as well.No it's not NYC but it's a hell of a lot easier on the wallet.

#16     Dec 7, 2005
  7. So if everyone poor and middle class leave,who will be there to serve the rich.They still need waiters,postal workers,hair stylists,retail workers,etc.Why should the poor and middle class stay in these high priced areas and live like rats when there are greener pastures elsewhere.Why should they stay in those areas and watch the rich drive by in their bmw's and live in their mansions,while they go home to a $2,000 per month cockroach infested 1 bedroom apartment,while some rich landlord sits back on his yacht on the Long Island sound and laughs at them and their misfortune.But people are so brainwashed into thinking that NYC is the place to be.

#17     Dec 7, 2005
  8. Have fun living around a bunch of low life monkeys imo

#18     Dec 7, 2005
  9. Actually the job market is reasonably good. The problem is to live on the coast you basically need to be making 200K or more. The people that have been buying in california were either speculators from outside the state or the US, or californians beting on appreciation and taking risky loans to do so. Most native californians are now stuck in their current housing unable to move and take their gains unless they leave the state. Companies cant get people to relocate to california due to the housing cost issue. This is all a big problem for california.

#20     Dec 7, 2005