$800K of Stimulus to Teach AFRICAN's How to Wash Their Penis!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 14, 2010.

1. the1

the1

What a cluster fuck this stimulus has been. I can't drive on any expressway without running into miles and miles of construction. A one hour trip now takes about 3 hours because every expressway in Chicago is torn to shit -- even the ones that didn't need to be torn to shit.

Now we're spending money teaching men 1/2 way around the globe how to wash their Johnson? Where does the idiocy end?

Where are the high speed rail cars? Where is the money that's going into biomedical research? What about a super expressway connecting major cities, say New York to Boston? Raise the speed limit to 80 mph (or more) and build it like the Autobahn. High speed, non-stop. Snow melts from heated ashphalt. Where are the innovative projects that can put architects, engineers, construction workers (many more of them), and scientists to work?

Instead we're washing penis' and and employing a few curators. What a complete waste of future tax payer money.

#11     Sep 14, 2010
  2. ....teach uncircumcised African men how to wash their genitals after having sex.

This was probably a shovel ready project. Couple sponges, pail of water and a powerpoint presentation.

#12     Sep 14, 2010
  3. Thanks OP I am laughing my ass off

#13     Sep 14, 2010
  4. You think to spend taxpayer money to stop people having sex is smart?
    Will you have no sex because someone tell you stop that? You can not resist that.

"In a decision that has alarmed many public health researchers and AIDS advocates, the Bush administration is increasing the amount of HIV money that must be used to promote abstinence, while at the same time limiting funds for condoms. Opponents see the move as the latest attempt by the White House and religious conservatives to expand what they view as an unscientific and ineffective HIV prevention strategy. Critics say the approach could cost lives in the developing world.

"It's outrageous and stupid," said Duff Gillespie, a professor at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health. "From a public health point of view, it's irresponsible." Until 2002, Gillespie was in charge of AIDS programs at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), which distributes most federal money targeting the disease.

Supporters of the abstinence approach praised the decision. "It is encouraging that the Bush administration is willing to consider alternatives to the increasingly ineffective condoms-only policy," said Indiana Rep. Mark E. Souder, a Republican.

The directive, which took effect Oct. 1, applies to only international HIV prevention. In fiscal year 2005, the U.S. spent $295 million on such programs. The budget is likely to increase in 2006.

The guideline decrees that two-thirds of funding devoted to preventing sexual transmission of AIDS must be spent on programs that encourage abstinence and fidelity."
    http://www.actupny.org/reports/bush_abstinencefunding.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(" fiscal year 2005, the U.S. spent $295 million on such programs. The budget is likely to increase in 2006")

#14     Sep 15, 2010
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I'd much rather waste $800k on willy washing techniques than to spend a single dime on methods that are religious based, are known to be ineffective, and actually harm people.

#15     Sep 15, 2010
  6. Imagine how thrilled the women are, now having the opportunity to suck a clean dick. Always a silver lining.:eek:

Edit: Just thought of what might be the worst job in history.
    Dick washing instructor.:eek: :eek: :eek:

#16     Sep 15, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hmmmmm....
    hey Gayfly1, job opportunity.

#17     Sep 15, 2010
  8. "promote abstinence" is a religious concept?

How about abstinence until one is aware of good hygiene, responsiblilty, consequences, etc or perhaps being able to afford a condom.

#18     Sep 15, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

You nailed it! We have the same mess in my area with the interstates screwed up, and traffic backed up in the mornings as far as the eye can see. The thing that gets me is the fact that nothing needed fixed anyway!!!! It's just the state taking federal $$$$, as it's "free."

I agree with you. Why aren't we spending money on projects like the above? If we did, you're talking about REAL progress. Something that would likely IMPROVE the quality of life here. Instead, we have our government spending OUR money, (money that was supposed to STIMULATE the crashed economy!!!!) our kids, and grandkids money on yes, dick washing for Africans... I guess if you ask odumba's cronies, they would say, "well dick washing IS stimulating." God help us!

#19     Sep 15, 2010
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, how about abstinence until one is actually able to:

1. Pick up soap

2. pick up dick

3. wash dick

I really cannot believe my eyes when I see the articles on the stimulus $$$ being used for dick washing for africans on the other side of the globe. Our Founding Fathers would gather, and overthrow a government that is that out of control... Why aren't we?

#20     Sep 15, 2010