$800 to 350 million in 2 weeks trading.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 27, 2003.

1. jaan

jaan

good question.

let's see. that's taking 126 trades of about 11% avg profit (not considering margin), and compounding the profits. i can see that the main problem would be finding liquid moves in the end -- otherwise it's totally doable.

- jaan

#31     Mar 29, 2003
  2. I am absolutely amazed how many of you are so sourpuss about some one striking it lucky.

freealways

#32     Mar 30, 2003
  3. Did someone leak an April 1 article? :D

#33     Apr 1, 2003
  4. I have just heard an announcement on ABC, an Australian Governmenr owned newsagency which repeated the story except that they also disclosed that Andrew Carlssin is really John Edwards (from Crossing Over fame).

freealways

#34     Apr 1, 2003
  5. Interesting article about April Carlssin case ;)

AWI Hires 'Timetraveler' as new Business Consultant
    Stock soars after announcement, Star Trek fans revolt

By Cobb T. RWX
    Newsgroup Post Staff Writers
    Tuesday, April 1, 2003; Page B01

On Monday, CEO of Active Worlds, Inc. Rick Noll and Vice President J.P. McCormick announced that they had paid the bail of and hired the 'time traveler' Andrew Carlssin that was arrested January 28 after creating a portfolio valued at over $350 million on the stock market from an $800 investment in just two weeks time.

Carlssin's explaination was that he was from the year 2256 and came back to this time to make money on the stock market.

In a bid for leniency, Carlssin has reportedly offered to divulge "historical facts" such as the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden and a cure for AIDS.

"We don't believe this guy's story -- he's either a lunatic or a pathological liar," says an SEC insider.

The SEC source admits, "No one can find any record of any Andrew Carlssin existing anywhere before December 2002." Yet officials are quite confident the "time-traveler's" claims are bogus.

But Noll and McCormick have apparently been convinced and took Carlssin up on his offer. "We are 100% confident that this guy is the real deal," said Noll at a press conference Monday. "Andrew Carlssin will make a wonderful addition to our team."

Stocks soared at the announcement because that was the only direction they could go.

"Noll and McCormick were quick to take up the deal," said one former business consultant who preferred to remain anonymous. "They fired me and hired this nut. I tell you I've seen it all."

In their defense, Noll comments that this "business consultant" was the one who suggested that citizenship prices be raised on January 3 2002, and added that it was "high time to finally branch out on a sound business plan, a plan where no man has gone before."

Meanwhile, in a bizarre twist of fate, thousands upon thousands of pointy-eared Star Trek fans have stormed the Newburryport offices of Active Worlds, Inc. carrying signs that sported many slogans about the 'temporal prime directive', a term coined by Star Trek executive producer Rick Berman for the series.

It was overheard by a reliable source that at hearing the news Berman was overwhelmed with relief that 'his' fans had found a new target worthy of their ire.

It should be noted that both Noll and McCormick are avid listeners of Coast to Coast AM, a radio show hosted by George Noory and broadcast daily around the world at midnight Central Standard Time.

"The show often covers such paranormal topics as time travel, and therefore it is my professional opinion that both Rick Noll and J.P. McCormick's view of the world may have been slightly skewed by that show," said one leading Geneva, Nebraska psychologist.

As of this report both Noll and McCormick have not been seen since just before Monday's lunch break. One witness reported seeing them being carried off by a group of enraged Klingons.

Yahoo News contributed to this report.

© 2003 The Newsgroup Post Company

#35     Aug 31, 2003