80% Return in Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by karsat, May 19, 2005.

1. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

It can be possible and it does happen but you must be lucky or have the vision.

What happens is this: A bull market exists somewhere. Call it stocks, bonds, currencies, whatever. In other words, the trends outweigh the randomness and becomes profitable to anyone.

After a year or two of that, you get an infrastructure of hawkers hawking this historical fact.

The hawkers, of course, don't believe this trend will continue, otherwise they would be quiet. There are times when the hawkers are wrong and the trend continues: that "wall of worry." That, "how could it keep continuing?"

But in the scheme of things, "all things are true" if you realize and accept the risks behind such claims.

For now, put your money in the bank.

#21     May 23, 2005
  2. TerryL

TerryL

"I doubt can this be possible?"

Is possible.

But i suggest you do not even consider forex trading for reasons outlined in my earlier threads (feel free to do a search)

Fact is that many get burned and i am not talking about a handful. If you are wise, research my threads and judge for yourself.

#22     May 26, 2005
  3. Never forget, it's all about the commissions, guys.

I worked in a boiler room for about a month not so long ago, and tried to sell managed futures (stock index futures scalping program). They (i.e., I) also bragged with amazing (backtested, of course) results via the telephone. It is amazing how much more money they can make through commissions than through a share of the profits. Guess that's the case too with many or most hedge funds currently. Once they've got the assets under management, the performance doesn't matter at all - if they've got an agreement with their broker that they'll share the commissions, they don't have to care about whether their customers make or lose money.

I don't know how many hedge funds or asset managers lose money in trading, but I am sure most, if not all, managers make money through commissions.
    Customer pays the price.

#23     May 27, 2005