80% Return in Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by karsat, May 19, 2005.

1. ckor30

ckor30 Guest

"13 November 04'
    77.95%
    OUR HEAD TRADER MR ANDY DEMETRIADES"

You may wanna google: "ANDY DEMETRIADES"

#11     May 20, 2005
  2. doesn't seem outlandish to me, now 2004 WAS A PRETTY GOOD YEAR in FX imo that is if you weren't just a trend follower. Looks like they had a few great months and didn't give anything back , that's how you make $

#12     May 20, 2005
  3. man

man

i would be very, very careful. things that sound to good to be true are most of the time exactly that. looks like they look for money under management but do not go the usual route.

i would think they cannot manage significant amounts of money.

check references and background and ask them critical questions. in the end ask yourself: are they hiring you or is it you who hires them.

peace

#13     May 23, 2005
  4. karsat

karsat

This is the email I got from them, I'm very scared because I lost lot of money when I did go for money management, they dont even know better than me about trading
    F.Y.I....

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me last week and for allowing me to discuss our Foreign Exchange Trading Program with you.

You asked me to share with you some of our live trades, and on Thursday afternoon I informed you that AD Forex were intending to go long of GBP against USD at 1.8237, with our stoploss in place at 1.8184. As discussed with you at that time, I explained that our target would be 1.8314.

This trade was executed at 1.8237 and as of now we still hold our long position. If we closed the trade to market now we would book a profit of 47 pips.

You also asked me to provide you details of our website. Our website is currently under construction and we anticipate it going live this week. You are welcome to view it, and the link is www.gyansarita.com . Once live the website address shall be www.adforex.co.uk

We are fully regulated and registered by the FSA, NFA and CFTC . Our fund is growing very rapidly and we currently have under managed over $27million.

I would be very happy to discuss futher our program with you, and explain how we trade FX with a very tight risk management. We operate accounts under varying levels of leverage, from 1-1 up to 8-1. Our guarenteed maximum draw downs per trade begin as low as 0.4%.

If you need to contact me my telephone number in the trading room is +44 208 906 2220 or please email me on rob@adforex.co.uk. My mobile number out of European trading hours is +44 7940 105 331.

I shall telephone you in the next couple of days to discuss any questions that you may have for me.

Kind regards

Robert Woolfe
    Head of Sales
    AD Forex Limited

#14     May 23, 2005
  5. I would want to look into their #'s more. From the returns they showed you they had a drawdown of ~10%, I suspect it could/has been much worse than that. Also ask them how they can guarantee a max drawdown per trade, everyone knows the problem with stoploss orders in an illiquid market, so how could they guarentee that? Also they don't seem to be registered with the NFA, I would check on that. I would also try and figure out how they got your name. If you are scared then I would stay away for now and you could keep your eye on their performance over a couple of months to make sure they don't just disappear.

#15     May 23, 2005
  6. If you're Real;

Do you think you need to verify the information and data (such as the above) by asking more documents provided by the firm, the web site and the staff? The investment and profits are your own money and risks.

Haven't you posted to Trade2Win.com , Oanda.com and MoneyTec.com as well for pointers yet?

:confused:

#16     May 23, 2005
  7. dont let anyone trade your money in forex or futures unless you are prepared to lose it all because you probably will. even the pro hedge funds are losing money at these games.

#17     May 23, 2005
  8. karsat

karsat

Looks like you are absolutely right!!!

#18     May 23, 2005
  9. ozzy

ozzy

In this game trust no one.

I would never give my money to some one else to manage (especially a group of smalltime fx traders). I would rather lose the money myself than let someone else piss it away or better yet run away with millions.

Yes, I have lost hope in people. I don't see myself as negative just realistic.

ozzy

#19     May 23, 2005
  10. murfy_kl

murfy_kl

Maybe they made 80% in 2004 but this's not a gurantee that they will make it in 2005.

#20     May 23, 2005