80% On WallStreet Paid Bonuses (Thanks Taxpayers!) Unhappy w/Amount

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ...maybe those were the 20% that didn't whine on the survey.

After all, if it weren't for taxpayer bailouts, almost none of these people would have gotten a bonus, and most would be unemployed now.

Not that that's IMPORTANT.

#11     Jan 27, 2009
  2. all there doing is wasting peoples time and money trying to save a totally broken system instead of figuring out a long term solution

#12     Jan 27, 2009
  3. And during the good times, they paid their taxes as much as anyone else. The amount of taxes generated by these guys probably way more than what an average American make.

#13     Jan 27, 2009
  4. Most of Wall Streeters just perform the functions that they are responsible for. Doing that, they can work just as hard as anybody else.

But the "deciders" - the guys that call the shots at the top of the heap - are the ones that lead the rest of the herd over the cliff. Like guys who have the pull to have the SEC change the rules so they can increase the leverage their companies use, then bet the economy and the country so they can get bigger bonuses. Now, who would those guys be?

#14     Jan 27, 2009
  5. You can't be serious.

Who's going to bail out the rest of Americans when their companies fail, who will advocate the use of taxpayer dollars to pay them 6 and 7 figure bonuses, and who will do this in years where they blew it on their principal job duties?

I guess the criteria of whether one has ever paid taxes will provide lifetime employment and bonus pay now, and guarantee all.

Sweet.

#15     Jan 27, 2009
  6. They have saved the disease and killed off any chance for a cure.

#16     Jan 27, 2009
  7. Bottom line is, Not on MY nickel. Wall Streeters can be paid whatever the market will bear. Right now the market is broke, they broke it, and now have the nerve to still expect a check on my nickel. Gee! I can't understand why everyone hates these pricks so much.
    Find me a rope and a tree and I'll show you what to do with these worthless fucks.

#17     Jan 27, 2009
  8. traderyin basically said it's not up to you or I.

Too bad. According to him, we lose.

#18     Jan 27, 2009
  9. I never supported the bailout, but you talk like if every Wall Streeters make 6-7 figures after bonus and not work a day in their lives. Their failed companies getting bail out is ONE thing. They get paid for what they work for is another.

#19     Jan 27, 2009
  10. Another stupid thread.

So in other words if a trader on Morgan Stanley's OTC options desk was super profitable-as is MS as a firm-then he shouldn't be comped? That's an issue for stockholders of MS to decide-not regulators let alone the media.

Hearing the media elite debate this topic is so friggin' hypocritical that I'm in stitches. Former overpriced market cap giants like the NYT and GE-parent of CNBC-have seen their share prices break as hard as investment banks. Brian Williams of NBC is the 2nd or 3rd highest paid employee at GE. Chris Mathews (4.8m) and Olberman (4mil) entertain less than a million viewers a night. And I'd LOVE to know how much NBC pays top producers of prime time programming. Yet the media is a WATCHDOG over the bonus pool of traders and staff at other publicly traded corporations.

A top agency trader at a million a year is a hell of a lot more valuable and harder to replace than a bunch of TelePrompter reading clowns who get a "tingle up their legs" at the empty rhetoric of some half ass Chicago lawyer turned Messiah.......

#20     Jan 27, 2009