80 % fail at trend trading

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by oilfxpro, Oct 28, 2012.

1. An edge that works in the right hands , if executed correctly.

Only problem is finding those trends , and most get chopped out looking for those trends or lose money in those choppy days (they give it all back ).

#31     Oct 29, 2012
  2. cornix

cornix

In reality, 100% of the trends succeed.

#32     Oct 29, 2012
  3. Yes they do .

and I came to elite trader's rebuttal team to have a non biased discussion.

#33     Oct 29, 2012
  4. cornix

cornix

How do you know there's a trend on your chart?

#34     Oct 29, 2012
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Apologies for the off topic OFX – but I need to make a small note to my self;

Note to self;

On the next occasion I find myself lacking – I am going to join a web forum where I have no clue how to do whatever it is they are doing

Then I shall proceed to tell em all – they are full of shit – and it can’t be done

Then I shall keep repeating my self – so that all members shall come to know what I say is fact (to hell whether it actually is... or isn't)

======================

Yup – I’m all over this one – like white on rice

Thank You for your patience OFX

RN

#35     Oct 29, 2012
  6. Thank you for posting .They do look good and I looked at others on my platform.They are so clear.

#36     Oct 29, 2012
  7. My pleasure !

Now we don't want those thoughts and emotions locked inside .Always release them somewhere.

There is always something to learn by being negative and critical.

#37     Oct 29, 2012
  8. Most of these lower time frame trends are not profitable , they lack the support of higher time frame trends .There is no edge in fading them .Only the counter trend moves and retracements are fadeable , so that eliminates another 70 %. .

If you know the statistics , you are better off picking those few trades high probability set ups , where you can clearly see market supporting your trade.

80 % of traders have poor trend trading methods.Trend trading profitable only for the few skilled trend traders.

Part time traders should not be trading real money , in experienced traders should not be trading , theorists , mentors,trading educators ,hindsight t/a merchants , book writers ,non risk takers and non trading mindset people should all not be trading...plus many others should not be trading.

#38     Oct 29, 2012
  9. #39     Oct 29, 2012
  10. cornix

cornix

NoD already pointed it out: 100% trends succeed. You first need to understand the price action and only ask questions, not ramble about it.

#40     Oct 29, 2012