80 % fail at trend trading

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by oilfxpro, Oct 28, 2012.

1. EPIC!

#21     Oct 28, 2012
  2. people buy life insurance.

the reason is not because of its probaility. based on statistics, people aveage live at 70~80 (high probability), a yound guys at 20, or a baby just born, it almost does not make sense to buy life insurance.

the reason is the impact of death is huge or the loss is huge.

the results decide what decision you should make, not the statistic probability!

#22     Oct 28, 2012
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

Define "false trend."

#23     Oct 28, 2012
  4. Mr_You

Mr_You

I'm really glad this forum is so active, but some folks here are very very confused. People shouldn't try to discuss something they don't understand. This thread being an example.

Thanks to NoDoji for trying to help the clueless, unfortunately I feel that time is better spent on something else.

#24     Oct 28, 2012
  5. cornix

cornix

With trend intra-day setups are best of the best in any market, including currencies, which trend very well and more often than stock indices.

#25     Oct 28, 2012
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Hey Cornix :)

I recently switched to equity index futures, and to be honest, I prefer them (es, ym). The setups I trade, manifest a bit cleaner than forex. Altho, like you eluded too, it comes down to volatility. If forex picks up again, it will be the go to choice. All the best.

#26     Oct 29, 2012
  7. cornix

cornix

Hey 28,

That's very interesting but surely is just another evidence how "everything works" in the right hands. Wish you good trading!

#27     Oct 29, 2012
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Very true. Ime, it's all the same. :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :D

#28     Oct 29, 2012
  9. There are no fundamental drivers to prices , short or long covering driving prices , maybe false reaction to price driver news , trends are choppy , stochastic are diverging , prices are making either higher highs or lower lows and prices are crossing ema 23/lwma 18.

Here you have trend breakdown scenario.

#29     Oct 29, 2012
  10. This is the what is so wrong with forums , 66 % of trends do not reverse , that is statistics.

Believe what you want , but don't buy false statements as true.

#30     Oct 29, 2012