80 cents of each dollar in cali goes to pay and benefits

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Spoken like a true tow the party line, completely off the political spectrum chart, flaming liberal.

Maybe we should start referring to our federal government as "Robin Hood".

And if in fact the top 20% of earners are paying 80% of the taxes, how is that an abuse of statistics?

#21     Oct 6, 2010
  2. Because it is a percentage and thus has no meaning. It's a slogan made to extract emotional responses from stupid people.

For example: what if the top 20% of the earners had 80% of the income -- would it still be outrageous that they paid 80% of the taxes?

#22     Oct 6, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Do they have 80% of the income?

#23     Oct 6, 2010
  4. Mnphats

Mnphats

My god, its amazing your brain tells you to breath.

#24     Oct 6, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I honestly laughed out loud.

#25     Oct 6, 2010
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

horseshit

the top 20% paying 80% aren't getting foodstamps, unemployment benefits, housing subsidies, free health care, welfare, educational grants, and so on.

the top 20% pay for all of that, but don't use any of it.

havent you gone to school? if so, did they teach any form of practiced economics there?

#26     Oct 6, 2010
  7. I haven't checked -- I just don't like those kinds of political nonsense phrases. The percentage of all taxes paid is not meaningful.

#27     Oct 6, 2010
  8. The top 20% use the department of commerce significantly more than a homeless guy. And the treasury. And Agriculture to protect their agricultural businesses. And the Department of Energy to organize and standardize power needs. And use the highways for trucking. And the airports for planes to ship their products. And the Department of the Interior to mine resources. And the FCC to broadcast without interference. And proportionately more of the Department of Defense to protect these extra assets.

The homeless guy... well, he might get welfare if his welfare hasn't already run out.

#28     Oct 6, 2010
  9. Thanks, I'm very proud that it does. I also have learned to use a toilet on my own. Not everybody can say that. I might put it on my bio. :)

#29     Oct 6, 2010
  10. All levels of government operate like it is the purpose.

#30     Oct 7, 2010