8 Wonders of the Solar System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Apr 18, 2010.

Which would you choose to see?

1. The Rings of Saturn

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Jupiter's Red Spot

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Valles Marineris, Mars

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. The Geysers of Enceladus

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. The Geysers of Triton

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  6. The Peaks of Eternal Light

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. The Herschel Crater on Mimas

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. Sunrise on Mercury

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  9. None, I am even scared of the dark.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. nitro

nitro

2. How bout the Cans of Claymen?

[​IMG]

:cool:

3. Visitors

Visitors

Thanks nitro this was great. Rings of Saturn for me.

Some of us are more interested in other things and not just in female genitalia and mammalian glands

4. Geysers of Enceladus or Sunrise on Mercury

5. Cassie

Cassie

Cool thread. Amazing pics. Thanks nitro:)

6. Granted wonderous images but if I were dying my last wish would be to live longer. Our little lives just disappoint next to
    what our minds can conger up as reasons to experience
    the future. When you get to a certain age time just seems to
    fly by and your ultimate demise looms like a reaper. What am going to do with it? Its like hitting the lotto the day before your
    last day on earth ...shhhhit. The prospect cryogenics offers sounds good to me.

7. No Uranus jokes?!

You people disappoint me. :mad:

8. Id trek around Uranus.

I never heard of Mimas before today, and it looks just like a death star!

Here's another interesting satellite, Iapetus. It looks like a walnut and has a very distinct and interesting color pattern.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iapetus_(moon)

9. Hmm..interesting about Jupiters red spot. When I was a child, I remember reading about it and how they said the storm had been going on for 300 years. That article says 400 years though. I didnt realize i was that old.

For my choice...I would choose another earth like planet in another galaxy. I think the experience of being that far from home in itself would be awe inspiring. I would choose to spend my last day on that planet near a clear unpoluted stream, breathing in clean unpoluted air and eatting the sweet native fruits of that land. My last sight would be a grey alien with a ray gun coming up behind me and saying "Get your hands off my planet you damn dirty human!" and then vaporizing me.

10. those are exagerrated artists renditions from someone who has no background in astronomy. none of those places beyond mars has much light so you're not going to see anything. you might as well stand in your closet with the door closed; it will look the same. the photo of mercury sunrise is ridiculous; how can you see stars and how can the sky be dark with the sun in your face?

as for mars, we earthlings have photos of it from robotic explorations, and it looks amazingly boring.

i'll pick earth, thank you. it's way more beautiful than all those places combined

#10     Apr 21, 2010