8 GOP Senators Show Their True Colors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ...voting down ban on earmarks.

"Eight GOP senators voted to preserve earmark spending, including Thad Cochran (Miss.), Susan Collins (Maine), James Inhofe (Okla.), Dick Lugar (Ind.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Richard Shelby (Ala.). Retiring Sen. George Voinovich (Ohio) and defeated Sen. Bob Bennett (Utah) also voted against it."

Duly noted.

2. Ricter

Ricter

Is this fair, though? If they lose their base 'cause they bring no goodies home, they lose their power to make decisions... ?

3. We had a historic building somewhere around here, they need about 1m bucks to fix it up or whatever it is they do. Well, the earmarks never amounted to 1m for this building but usually in the 250 k range every year, so the money (250k) was used every year to "study" the preservation, get updated proposals, etc etc. What a friggin waste.

------------

I have my eye on another earmarked project near here, not quite finished. I'm sure this friggin building cost about 750k and is going to be a lame ass tourist info center for bike trails.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

They should be hanged, drawn and quartered.

5. Political elites. Self-serving POSs who believe "we the people" are here to do THEIR bidding... Not just these A-Holes, but Congress and the Odumbo Administration in general.

Le'ts hope the Tea Party movement will eventually be able to do something about this mindset. :mad: :mad:

6. And Cantor has just come and stated:

"House Majority Leader-designate Eric Cantor (R-Va.) said Monday that Republicans will not be seeking to completely scrap the healthcare reform law."

And the Senate passed another massive power grab in the form of a "Food Bill".

The power hungry republicans who voted for it:

Alexander (R-TN)
    Brown (R-MA)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Enzi (R-WY)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Johanns (R-NE)
    Kirk (R-IL)
    LeMieux (R-FL)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Snowe (R-ME)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    Voinovich (R-OH)

Just goes to show you, principles are not defined by party labels.

7. Wooden arrows. African ball washing...

Of course it's fair.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Are those earmarks, or egregious parts of budget expenditures of government departments?

9. I don't recall exactly. But if ball washing and wooden arrows were vital to our growth, (certainly clean balls can help it grow) they should be openly debated and voted on individually.

Otherwise they're just currency used to buy votes.

10. Now you didn't really believe republicans would give up palm greasing altogether did you? The party that discovered Michelle Bachman?

#10     Nov 30, 2010