8 flat screens, one computer and a question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lar, Feb 19, 2007.

1. lar

lar

Hi bandit77,

I stopped to re-assess my choices since Gnome's feedback and, since I am not ready to double my monitor budget, am working to see if I can do what I want with four 24s. My gut tells me I can do it with the 24s and would more likely be more long term satisfied with the higher quality PVA or MVAs. My gut is also telling me I could probably be happy with the TN panels, then improve the quality in my next hardware upgrade.

Short answer is I haven't decided yet. I am leaning towards condensing into the four screens of better quality, two by two in the corner between the windows. Then, upgrade into the other 4 as needed, if truly needed.

Gnome is certainly way more knowledgeable about this topic than I. And, I did start the thread for knowledgeable feedback. When I ask for erudition - and actually get it, I generally incorporate new understanding into my decisions.

I'll decide and place my order by next weekend.

If you still want a picture give me a shout sometime in March and I'll learn how to take and post 'em.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#31     Feb 24, 2007
  2. #32     Feb 24, 2007
  3. lar

lar

Good morning miniFORTUNE,

That is some kinda set up... if I remember correctly Maestro's system has voice activated order entry. Way cool.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

(btw - I wouldn't feel humilated by anyone's set up. Just gotta have the right tools for our own system.)

:cool:

#33     Feb 25, 2007
  4. I have trouble following 5 monitors...how can ONE trader use that set up that Maestor has?

Clicking a mouse on a monitor directly in front of you on pages, takes no longer than sliding your chair around looking at all of those monitors.

ES

#34     Feb 25, 2007
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

I think the TN panels would be all you would need for 9 of the monitors. Buy one high quality panel for your primary display. I use 10 CRT monitors (5 on the top row and 5 on the lower row).

Catoosa

#35     Feb 26, 2007
  6. lar

lar

Today I ordered eight Dell E228WFPs. They will be a giant leap up from my current arrangement even though they are not the best available.

I will get a high quality 24"er after the first set up pays for it. Then I'll use it as my primary moni.

Thank you ProfitLogic, Gnome, Bandit77, Woundedknee, dinoman, and Catoosa! The insight and direction has been very helpful. If you think of anything else relevant, it would be most appreciated as well.

Regards.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#36     Feb 28, 2007