$8,000 homebuyer credit to be raised to $15,000

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 23, 2009.

1. You have no clue.
    The Money Supply has been declining recently.

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. There is a whole herd cahing in on Santa Klaus Obama

where I live. Better get it before it runs out.

#12     Jun 23, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

#13     Jun 23, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

The sheeple don't want to wake up.
    Cause then they would have to assume personal responsibility and live within their means.

Handouts are easier.

#14     Jun 23, 2009
  5. S2007S

S2007S

They eliminated the $15,000 buyer credit in Feb 2009, the cost of this would have added $35.5 Billion to the stimulus plan bill.

I guess they see that the $8000 tax credit isn't working so in order to stabilize the economy they need to put a DEFINITE floor on the housing market. All I keep hearing is that the only way the economy actually turns around is when the housing market turns, throwing $15,000 to anyone buying a house will probably create a buying frenzy that will most likely create higher prices in housing over the short term.

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

California are giving home buyers a huge break with that kind money, even in areas where houses are down 50% in value over the last 18 months.

Like I said this is not the way to treat any kind of market, if they would let the pieces of the puzzle fall where they may land it would create a real market place, putting an invisible floor under the housing market will only create more complex issues down the road.

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. You can always start a company and apply for TARP funds.

Failing that, give meager campaign donations and then do back room deals for no-bid contracts at 1000% inflated prices.

#17     Jun 23, 2009
  8. I like it. Not that it's even remotely just or "right," but it would help keep the balance a little until we can stop all of the wasteful nonsense altogether.

I'd settle for being able to get a piece of the PPIP (or whatever it's called; the thing where bank A buys bank B's toxic assets and vice-vera for 98% of par, then writes them down to 20% and the Fed pays 80% of the difference). Arbitrage in its finest textbook incarnation. I'd put my whole retirement into it...

#18     Jun 24, 2009
  9. how long is the California deal going to be offered?

#19     Jun 24, 2009
  10. bidask

bidask

can someone post the source of the california deal?

#20     Jun 24, 2009