79% Say U.S. Economy Could Collapse

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bearice, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Well, well. Look at this.
    S&P on Jan 20 '09 (not sure if this was the exact Inauguration Day, but good enough for this place): 805.22
    S&P right now: 1167.72
    Percent up: 45
    Watching the Trailer Park Traders Scream: Priceless.

#11     Mar 24, 2010
  2. maxpi

maxpi

So you don't like the idea of democracy? There is much research that shows that the crowd knows what they are doing sometimes...

Are you of the belief that some elite thinkers [of course, you would be one of them] should be in charge?

#12     Mar 24, 2010
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Like MSNBC, the New York Times, U.S News, etc.? Their Orwellian disinformation campaign to defend Obamacare could only be believed by sub-80 IQ idiots who wouldn't know a logical or statistical fallacy from a food stamp.

#13     Mar 24, 2010
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Do you know how much the Nigerian stock market rose a few years ago? Did the U.S. economy have great prospects when the S&P 500 was pegging the 1570 range in October 2007?

I hope you were being facetious, but I'm afriad some people are that stupid...just like the mindless drones shouting "yes we can (take your money)" a couple of years ago.

#14     Mar 24, 2010
  5. drcha

drcha

Who are these Democrats who think the economy could collapse? Most of my friends are Democrats, and I don't know any of them who think this way. They are all completely naive. They were all kicking and screaming over TARP. None of them could seem to comprehend what a run on the banks or closure of banks would mean--namely, anarchy. No police force to defend you because the city is not paying them and they are home anyway defending their own family. It would not take much for things to get really ugly.

Yes, there is a lot of stupidity out there. Lack of education about economics. Trust in our leaders who deserve no trust. That is why these crises will always continue to occur. When times are good and the money is flowing, nobody is going to turn off the spigot, least of all our Congress who is spending all the tax money ten times as fast as it comes in.

#15     Mar 24, 2010
  6. Alright listen, pal. I am not American. I couldn't give two fucks about liberals or conservatives or republicans or whatever the fuck. I don't like Obama, or any other American politician for that matter. I simply pointed out the flaws of the poll. Save your bullshit political rants for someone else, because I don't give a fuck.

Name calling and jumping to conclusions without evidence is a sure sign of an inferior mind. When you are willing (or capable?) of having an intelligent debate on statistics and polling bias, then you can respond to my posts. Until then, stop wasting my time.

#16     Mar 25, 2010
  7. I'll respond in the same way I responded to the other poster. Only to you, I will give you the respect of not name calling, as you've done the same for me.

My comment was on the invalidity and bias of the poll. I wasn't commenting on my personal view of the US economy. Please do not jump to conclusions without reading the post first.

The very fact that 100% of respondents didn't say yes shows the stupidity of people. Anything could happen. Nothing in this world has a 0% probability. This poll is flawed and I was simply pointing that out.

#17     Mar 25, 2010
  8. Wow. Another person has jumped to conclusions about my post. Please reread. I don't make predictions about the economy. I don't have a crystal ball, as many others on this site seem to have. I trade what I see.

I will refer you to the other two responses I've given to others.

By the way, how you concluded that I don't like democracy and believe that elite thinkers (whatever an "elite thinker" is) like me should be in charge behooves me. Do yourself a favor before embarrassing yourself next time, and respond to what I wrote, rather than responding to what you think I may or may not believe.

#18     Mar 25, 2010
  9. for a contrarian this is a once in a lifetime news event that will herald the next super multi year bull market

#19     Mar 25, 2010