777's So Cal Surf and Trade Report

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Sep 12, 2002.

1. rs7

rs7

Bowling IS a dangerous sport. When I was about 12 or so, I was in a league. What went over as "funny stuff" then was putting lit cigarettes in the finger holes of your opponents bowling balls. Lit end up of course. Where are those fun loving jokesters today? (I know one of them is selling Cadillacs in Queens).

You go through life having close calls. Many of them we are not ever even aware of. Close calls in traffic are common. Other events you may never know occurred.

My closest call was similar to this bowling ball incident. I was a passenger in my friend's convertible back in high school. Top was down. Someone dropped a rock from an overpass on the Cross Island Parkway in NY. It hit the top of the windshield frame directly in line with my head. A small fraction of a second later, and I would have been a goner. Now I know why so many overpasses are fenced in.

Getting shot was, in my experience, not as close a call as that rock. Of course, when I was shot, at least I knew I was in a place where danger was part of what was expected. And the bullet was not close to my head (though I suppose it easily could have been...everything is relative anyway. Missed my head by about a foot. But how far was the shooter from me? I have no idea). But that rock....I will never forget it, and I will always know how close I came. When traveling at about 60 mph, how much time difference could there have been between the top of the windshield and my head? Still freaks me out that I came within such a tiny fraction of a second of sure death. So many easy chances for an irresponsible kid to cause devastating results from thoughtless and childish behavior. I am sure that killing someone was not on the mind of the kid with the rock. The world is a dangerous place. (We really need to add more guns to the mix?)

(sorry for taking this thread on a more serious tangent. but the bowling ball story stirred up old fears):(

So on a lighter note:

The longest sentence known to man: "I do."

Crime doesn't pay...Does that mean my job is a crime?

Then there was this, which I believe is actually true:

The following ad was located in the "Atlanta Journal" --
    Which received numerous calls!

"Single Black Female"...seeks male companionship, ethnicity
    unimportant.

I'm a very good looking girl, who loves to play. I love long walks
    in the woods, riding in pickup trucks, hunting, camping and fishing
    trips, cozy winter nights lying by the fire.

Candlelight dinner will have me eating out of your hand.
    Rub me the right way and watch me respond.

I'll be at the front door when you get home from work wearing only what nature gave me. Kiss me and I'm yours.

Call ******* and ask for Daisy!

Over 15,000 men found themselves talking to the local Humane
    Shelter about an 8 week old black female Labrador retriever.
    Men are so easy!!!!

Good luck to all,
    Peace,
    :)Rs7

#41     Nov 22, 2002
  2. This is my idea of a "soccer mom:"

#42     Nov 24, 2002
  3. i'd do her

#43     Nov 24, 2002
  4. DTK

DTK

Wait in line Gordo. :D:D:D

#44     Nov 24, 2002
  5. Is the bear market tough on Perma-Bulls?

Take a look at Perma-Bull Ned Riley:

#45     Dec 3, 2002
  6. DTK

DTK

WOW!!!

#46     Dec 3, 2002
  7. No way!

INKT was NOT trading at 89 cents during the bull market...

#47     Dec 3, 2002
  8. Or even more telling -- S&P Futures weren't 930 during the Bull Market, either.

#48     Dec 3, 2002
  9. DTK

DTK

S**t, I wouldn't trust him with any kids. :D

#49     Dec 4, 2002
  10. that photo is SUPER SUPER SUPER funny !! nice going, 777 !!

surf:)

#50     Dec 6, 2002