777 must go

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OVERtheLINE, Jul 19, 2003.

1. now I feel bad, I know he must be decent, The chat room
    has sooooo much potential, look at todays log, its GREAT!
    everyones participating, calling out trades and ideas...good stuff
    Id like to be there, but in addition to my stuff, Im trying to help somone along who desperately wants to quit his job on the floor
    in the 5 yr.

#21     Jul 22, 2003
  2. Ah, let him stay. What would things be like around here without him and FPC and the rest of the crazy bunch?

#22     Jul 22, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

fye,

Official announcement? Are you pulling my leg again?

And _IF_ O777 were banned [He _IS_, at least for now and maybe indefinetly as O777,] how could he post a "statement" ?

nitro :confused:

#23     Jul 23, 2003
  4. Yeah... I haven't made serious calls for over 3 months...

I rule the ET Chat. nitro, you suck ass... har har har...

#24     Jul 23, 2003
  5. Dude, what's so confusing to you? I thought maybe you heard something or were told something either from some ET poobah or from O777 himself. Anyway, you made a statement that looked like you were saying you knew O777 was gone ("looks like you may have gotten your wish," or whatever you said exactly). When I responded, I had observed that he hadn't been posting to the threads, though now I've seen that he's still in the chat - and that for some reason you have the idea that I want or wanted him banned.

I thought that he was a often a disruptive and negative influence in the chat room, but, since I don't visit the chat room much anymore, it doesn't make much of a difference to me. I also know that, when he focuses on trading, he has some useful experience and insight to share. He doesn't lack a sense of humor, he's not stupid, and he has several other magnificent virtues that I'm sure his friends, if he has any, would be happy to recount: If he could just restrain himself from baiting and berating people, and from showing off just how foully he can express himself, he'd be a very worthy contributor. From checking the chat log, I got the sense that he's on good behavior now. If he kept it up, and I felt like spending time in the chat, I'd have no problem with him being there.

Anyone who reads the politics threads knows that he and I have disagreed strenuously, and that he's attacked me personally from time to time, but I don't really care much about that either. Anyway, I can certainly deal with it.

In my opinion the only people who deserve to be banned are spammers and true freaks. I think O777 has stepped over the border on occasion, even habitually, and has engaged in some freaky, offensive behavior - and he appears to have singlehandedly turned off several former chat room participants, in some cases rather cruelly - but he's made enough of a contribution at other times that he at least would deserve a chance to reign himself in.

Otherwise, I don't know anything about his situation. I get the impression that he's been warned or something, but I have no direct knowledge. Feel free to enlighten me if you know more.

Got that?

#25     Jul 23, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

Well, when he and wild went at it I simply put 777 on ignore.

What I find fascinating about all this stuff is: Why does anyone care so much? I am there to pass the time while I am trading to alleviate the loneliness. There isn't a single person in that chatroom that enlightens me, with the exception of people like eastside that works for Bright and on occasion will help me out with information that I do need.

Why do you care what he says to other people that have on more than one occasion shown up repeatedly to get bashed by 777 and to argue with him? It is not as if they don't know him?

Let me tell you the reason - they LIKE it - they like the soap opera nature of it. They cannot stand having 777 talking about them "behind their back" [assuming he is on ignore.] They do not put him on ignore because they have the need to defend themselves [and the need to be right.]

What is more fye, I was there every day for the last year and a half. Although I think you take some moral high ground in defending some of these so called traders that come into the chatroom from 777, I noticed that you only started to complain once 777 started aiming his anger AT YOU. Why didn't you simply put the guy on ignore BEFORE THAT? You know what he is like? Have these people not learned how to deal with an Internet bully yet? HAVE YOU?

DO YOU get it?

nitro

#26     Jul 23, 2003
  7. Okay Nitro, which chat room.

I've not tried one of those in several years. Sounds like the one you mention might be worth the time?

THANKS

#27     Jul 23, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

howellpar,

The EliteTrade chatroom http://www.elitetrader.com/ch/ is not, IMHO, really a place to learn, though occasionally a good trader will talk about his methods some, or answer a question. Honestly, it is a place to just hang out for those of us that do not trade in sito with our peers for one reason or another.

There has always been a great deal of controversy over some people in the chatroom. At one time, it was this one guy wild that bashed Americans at every turn. I couldn't give a shit, I was there to trade, and I put him on ignore. He was eventually banned, even though all someone had to do was ignore him and he would simply go away. Same thing with 777. He is an Internet bully, although IMHO many of the times what he was saying was true, it is not his place to tell others that they are "looohoohohooosers" or "lozers" as he calls them - I don't give a shit, I just put him on ignore.

That is the only way to deal with being in a chatroom with people that are going to be abrasive or take cheap shots at you. If someone has not figured this out by now, sheeeeeeesh, I am speechless.

nitro

#28     Jul 23, 2003
  9. Putting someone on ignore means participating at a disadvantage, especially when the person who's being ignored likes to dominate the conversation, and whether or not I or anyone has a disruptive individual on ignore, when that individual is being disruptive, it can take over the whole chatroom.

Your observation on my own reaction to O777 is inaccurate. I repeatedly asked O777 to mellow out, long before he decided, as he did several times over the last few months, to make me his main target, but I never "complained" about him to anyone. When he and I have tangled on the threads, I've responded to him directly.

Why should anybody become anybody's target in a trading chatroom? It's embarrassing, ugly, and unprofessional, and I don't want any part of it. Who needs that emotional distraction while either exchanging market observations, managing trades, or just trying to take a break?

#29     Jul 23, 2003
  10. would you like a diaper with that cry?

#30     Jul 23, 2003