775 Hmmmmmmmmm

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OVERtheLINE, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Thank you Aphex- now I'm even more comfortable with my large overnight short position.

You're no Barton Biggs, but you're still a very useful fade.

#11     Oct 9, 2002
  2. aphexcoil
    Elite Member
    09-19-02 07:21 PM
    Tomorrow is going to R O C K !
    Man, I wish I had my bonus for tomorrow's trading! Tomorrow is going to be one wild ride. I'd buy ES in the morning and just forget about it -- because it can't go any lower than this!!!

The S&P 500 cash close on 9-20-02 was 845.39.
    It closed today at 776.76.

Great call.

#12     Oct 9, 2002
  3. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

stupid, desperate for attention aphexcoil (have you all seen his website??)
    but- tommorrow we are going to rally? why? what is your rationale? because we are down too far already- lol?
    yeah- this kid is talking out of his ass- he doesn't even fuggin' trade!!!! please cease and desist with your stupid posts cause you don't trade and you don't know shit- sorry jack but thats the facts.

#13     Oct 9, 2002
  4. I disagree. The advice of someone who is wrong about half the time is indeed useless.

However Aphex is very useful, as he has the uncanny ability to be wrong on almost every market call. Please keep posting your thoughts to this board Aphex, they are much appreciated.

#14     Oct 9, 2002
  5. 948 posts and still hasn't done 1 trade (and don't give that "I've traded before b.s., it's gotten old). That is simply amazing. It gives some of the Internet trolling mental cases on Yahoo a run for their money.

#15     Oct 9, 2002
  6. JayS

JayS

Nikkei -265.67 at 19 year low (lunch break).

ES from up 2 to down 2.

#16     Oct 9, 2002
  7. Its interesting that a slew of analyst downgrades and Abby Jo's downward revision came on the eve of an obvious retest of the July low.

What were they thinking, that if we crash through tomorrow that they gave the public warning? Or did the brokers/banks speak out to shake out stocks at a discount to last month with intention or foreknowledge that this level would be defended?

#17     Oct 9, 2002
  8. The Dow is only 30 stocks. The Russell is 2000 stocks. But they provide a good sample. The S&P is different. Arbitrage keeps the cash and the futures in line. And since everyone watches the S&P, a smart player could support the entire market just by buying the S&P futures. Meanwhile he's shorting everything in sight.

I had doubts until the Dow Utilities finally broke yesterday. Look at any index NOT based on the S&P. Everything broke July support a while ago. You can also see that the S&P has formed a nice inverted H&S on the 10 year chart. Plus this is October.

My guess is we crash sometime this month and put in a short or long term bottom somewhere between 600 and 700. So I say... sell baby sell.

Of course this is just my opinion at this current moment, anything could happen.

#18     Oct 9, 2002
  9. C'mon now! Be nice to poor little Alphie, after all he has a huge burden in his "rally" prediction. I mean, jeez, with a 50/50 chance of being right, it must be very difficult to be accurate.

As far as his account being funded, Aphie told me himself in another thread about his check not arriving at the broker, "It got held up at the bank..."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=135130#post135130

You have to remember, nothing is ever Aphie's fault. I mean really . . . just because it was sent to the broker way back on 9-16, does that mean he's really full of crap? There could be a lot of plausible explanations. For example, maybe gunmen stormed the bank and pushed Aphie's check into a corner and are trying to rob it at gunpoint. Wouldn't that qualify that his check "got held up at the bank?"

#19     Oct 9, 2002
  10. max,

You are as diligent as ever. Congrats.

#20     Oct 10, 2002