$75 Trillion donation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Feb 11, 2011.

1. TheMan

TheMan

sure

take from the rich and give to the poor

then just go ahead and take what little freedom we have left, then we can just end America and all just give up

i mean why the fuck not

#31     Feb 13, 2011
  2. I could not have said it better...

#32     Feb 13, 2011
  3. #33     Feb 13, 2011
  4. Abolish income tax and impose wealth tax.

#34     Feb 14, 2011
  5. you're assuming the rich didn't take it from the poor to begin with.I guess the endless bailouts was a pretty good deal in your mind. i mean fuck why not they deserve it. how much wealth do think one is capable of without political help. don't worry you're freedom to be robbed blind is secure

#35     Feb 14, 2011
  6. I don't know what country you live in now. But here in America the corporations spend 50+ billion on lobbing congress. Do you thing the money is being spent to keep markets fair or "free" . The corporations are the government by proxy. Goldman sacs has had a person either in the top spot of the treasury or fed (or both) for the last 13 years. Research Monsanto and the FDA. In America buying votes is called free speech. Corporations fought at the supreme court level for this right, but according to your logic it must be for free markets (man those free market are expensive).
    The record of corporations ( think Enron, Tyco, Worldcom, savings and loans etc) have just has just as much" hunger for power" as any government official. In fact actually do some research you'll find that the same people rotate from Gov. to Corp. and vice versa. I wouldn't even know how to distinguish the two.

So my point still stands weather you like it or not there is going to be social organization (engineering) Do you want to have a say in it or not.It's not perfect but if left to a few people ( concentration of wealth) has always led to tyranny without exception. But that's only if you use history as a resource.

Realize that money, stocks and bonds, etc are not wealth they are merely paper claims on wealth. Wealth is taking resources from earth and using mental and physical labor to turn it into something that increases the standard of living. Paper claims on wealth are inventions of social organization (engineering) When the vast amount of wealth has been sucked up by the institutions that only create paper claims on wealth without producing anything tangible themselves. It must come form social organization ( like the legal and financial systems). In this way " social engineering has redistributed wealth from the wealth creators to the paper claim creators.

#36     Feb 14, 2011
  7. After reading your most excellent post with your good points.

I choose Corporations over Government.

The smaller we can make governement the better. This is just my stupid opinion after living for 52 years in the USA (I took 5 years in Sweden, but returned happily)

I do not think some people realize what they are asking for...Some see that big government is the wrong path to go down and many are already regretting this era....

ES

#37     Feb 14, 2011
  8. which means if you live in america you chose government.

why do you think it has to be one extreme or the other?
    there are more then 2 political ideas

#38     Feb 14, 2011
  9. Visaria

Visaria

My dream for the United States of America ("I have a dream...:D "). Abolish all govt spending in the USA apart for some defence and also some for law enforcement/court/prison system.

Next abolish all taxes in the USA apart from a 5% consumption tax.

Repudiate all debt.

Hang Bernanke from the nearest tree.

Live happily ever after.

#39     Feb 14, 2011
  10. Well I just do not believe in big Government regardless of which idea is put forward.

Heck....I am not even a member of my Homeowners Association as I do not like to make decisions for my neighbors...

ES

#40     Feb 14, 2011