$75 million mansion is most expensive lakeside Tahoe house ever

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Jul 14, 2017.

1. fan27

fan27

I'll be at Lake Tahoe in March for skiing with the family. I wonder how much the nightly rental for the $75 million house is? :)

#11     Jan 6, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

Out of all the houses I've seen here this one remains my favourite. It's beautiful.

#12     Jan 7, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  3. RRY16

RRY16

4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Sale pending $54M....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    #14     Feb 18, 2018
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

"Over the last 10 years, monthly surface water temperature averaged 41.9˚F at its coldest in February and 65.7˚F at its warmest in August."

The lake's temperature is rather cold even in a very hot summer. Anyway, it looks like 3 different houses/mansions and the smallest closest to the water would be just fine alone. A big storm with all those huge windows could be scary to look at...

#15     Feb 18, 2018
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I will admit that my version of an "ideal mountain home" is a little more modest.....

home.JPG

"Pleasant location; cheery neighbors in the morning; good water supply; federally-maintained access."

#16     Feb 21, 2018
    Sprout and dealmaker like this.
  7. RRY16

RRY16

I think that’s the Unabombers Estate.

#17     Feb 22, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

:wtf:
    Wow! Seriously?? It's maybe 10 miles, as the crow flies. That is amazing...
    This leanto is on the Appalachian Trail about 10 trail miles south of Fontana Dam (GSMNP border).

Ooops. I just conflated Mr. Kazinski?? {"Ted" to his friends} with the numbnuts that murdered doctors and left a deadly bomb at the Atlanta Olympics.
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=129666&page=1
    Murphy, NC. Eric Robert Rudolph -- it all comes back to me now.....

The problem is?? As a long-distance hiker, we *all* look like terrorists --
    here's a shot of me on that same hike, after 165 miles in the dead of winter....

IMG_0494.JPG

Hiker humor.....
    Q: "What's the difference between an Appalachian Trail through-hiker
    and a homeless person?"

A: Gore-Tex.
    :D

#18     Feb 22, 2018
    dealmaker and vanzandt like this.
  9. Kentucky Fried Pigeon is not good for you. :vomit:
    Quitting fried foods and all fast food and junk food...is like quitting smoking, and learning to fly...it's so liberating. #Reborn2018

#19     Feb 22, 2018
  10. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

D'ya know what I love about that picture?? I am SO friggin' happy. That chicken (and it was indeed KFC) was warm, and given to me on the side of a mountain, by friends I did *not* know I would see, to spend New Year's Eve on top of the mountain in front of us (due S across the parking lot...) That chicken was the PERFECT way to finish what was a perfect hike.

So LL?? You cover a bunch o' miles in the dead of winter, starting out post-holing through hip-deep drifts of oatmeal snow, finishing the last 50kilometers/1.5 days in 45°-50° weather[!!!]..... and THEN refuse a piece of warm chicken. Go ahead, :D. I dare ya.

Get started though! Dark is coming. (Did I mention it was the dead of winter??)

IMG_0324.JPG

If you *make* it, I'll buy you your *own* bucket. Forrrrr sure.:D

#20     Feb 22, 2018