$700 Goog

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Joab, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Dude, obviously you haven't ever read Reminisces of a Stock Operator. One of J.L.'s favorite tricks was to buy a stock that just broke through a new even level (like 700) since momentum often carries it much further away from that level.

Shorting at $699 will be a great tax deduction for you.

#21     Oct 30, 2007
  2. Google and facebook will dominate all aspects on online and offline media, and the eventual transfer and exchange of all information on planet earth though all mediums. The potnetial for growth is staggering. Google will have a market cap of 2-4 trillion in the not so distant future after putting Yahoo, Microsoft, Ebay, Amazon, Viacom, time warner, and other internet and media companies out of business. The gov wont step in unlike the case with microsoft and try to break up the monopoly.

The best move google could make at this point is to buy Facebook for $30 billion worth of stock and cash or buyout BIDU. Buying out facebook would pretty much seal google's total domination of the internet since Facebook probably poses the greatest threat to google if anything does.

Youtube was purchased for 1.6 billion last year and now it is easily worth 10-15 billion.

$30 billion may seem like a lot but when you consider that goog has a market cap of 200+ billion it isn't much.

The staggering rise of google, amazon.com, bidu, and the stock market overall coincides with the transition to a type 1 civilization within the next 50 years, at which point the goals of The Creators will be nearly fulfilled.

#22     Oct 30, 2007
  3. There's at least an 80% chance the fed is going to cut and you will get reamed. There's no equation where that makes sense. There's so many easier ways to make money.

#23     Oct 30, 2007
  4. This is just wrong because google has so many talented employees... if they started up a new social networking site and used $30 billion to promote it they could blow everything out of the water. That is so much money they could just buy every superbowl commerical and it would still be pocket change.

#24     Oct 30, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

Right, you mean the guy that ended up blowing his brains out and dead because he couldn't deal with the huge swings in his PnL.

Good role model for you.

Obviously, you've never studied the greats that are still living and prospering like PTJ.

#25     Oct 30, 2007
  6. Joab

Joab

So your still certain of that right ?

and your certain that the market WILL rally even if they do cut ?

#26     Oct 30, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

Update:

Ok here's the afternoon push that I was expecting I "guess" a close over $700 and no trade pending.

I will wait till tomorrow now.

btw, I did nibble with a small long position into the close.

#27     Oct 30, 2007
  8. Dude, I dare you, go short a couple hundred shares before the fed meets.

#28     Oct 30, 2007
  9. I can't imagine any way you can fail buy buying google now

Put down 100k in google , it surges another 3% tom and your up 3K. Not rocket science.

#29     Oct 30, 2007
  10. LMAO you were talking it up and you ended up taking a long position. Shorting tomorrow may not be a bad idea... but shorting now is a whole different story

#30     Oct 30, 2007