70% of all Stock Market Trades are held for an average 11 SECONDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by misterno, Oct 25, 2010.

1. #11     Oct 25, 2010
  2. I just got done smokin a bowl and came up with the greatest frickin idea ever. Totally restructure the capital gains accounting....

If you hold for less than 1 hour tax = 75%

Hold for less than one day tax= 65%

Hold for less than 1 week tax = 55%

Hold for 1 month tax = 45%

If you hold for more than 6 months flat tax of 30%

SOme geeks at the IRS can fine tune it however they want but this would be political gold !! And great for the avg investor and even swing traders. Oh yeah this would not apply to futures markets :D

#12     Oct 25, 2010

3. YES!! I've been telling people this for years, we are all just parasites just feeding of each other. Engineers and scientists that actually make the world a better place are grossly under paid. We need a plague to wipe out a billion people or so.

#13     Oct 25, 2010
  4. Of a particular race or just across the board?

#14     Oct 25, 2010
  5. Congratulations! You can be elected as a senator from Illinois. :cool:

#15     Oct 25, 2010
  6. Too complicated. If the goal is to penalize "pure" speculation, all you need is...

Hold less than 3 months, 75% tax, hold longer than 3 months, "normal" tax.

Yes, it would.

#16     Oct 25, 2010

7. Just the whole southern hemisphere.

#17     Oct 25, 2010
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I royally despise the HFT's but at the same time have to disagree for one reason: I know the govt. 'could' try to tax the HFT's out of business, but the thing that scares me is what if the govt finds something else in society or business they don't like, and decide to tax that into oblivion?

I am scared of the precedent that may have...

I do appreciate your thinking about a solution though!:)

#18     Oct 25, 2010
  9. For all we know, 11 seconds of liquidity is all thats holding up the equity Markets. Maybe hedge funds will start hiring sprinters for their Fast Twitch Muscles...

#19     Oct 25, 2010
  10. 11 seconds is too long. My friends high frequency trading strategy holds a position for 2 seconds.

#20     Oct 25, 2010