7 Stocks you need to know for monday

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Jul 10, 2009.

1. The S&P 500 fell for its 4th straight week despite the Volatility Fear Index, VIX, dropping simultaneously on Friday. Surprisingly lower consumer confidence figures combined with pessimistic words from noted economist, Robert Shiller, prevented any rallies from materializing. Despite the negative sentiment, rising shares of Technology companies enabled the Nasdaq to close in positive territory. The DJIA lost 36.65 to 8146.52, the Nasdaq eased ahead by 3.48 to 1756.03 and the S&P 500 gave back 3.55 to 879.13.

Here are 7 stocks you need to know about for Monday:

An analyst at Thomas Weisel upgraded shares of Yahoo (YHOO | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) to "market weight".

The FDIC may not guarantee bond sales of old time bond trader, CIT Group (CIT | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating).

The original discount broker, Charles Schwab (SCHW | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating), reveals earnings before the bell with a consensus estimate of 18 cents/share.

Novellus Systems (NVLS | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) ...................................

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site...7-Stocks-You-Need-to-Know-for-Monda-81673.cfm

2. NevouS

NevouS

screw all of those. I'll be watching POT monday (friday/today it went down 1000+ points i only caught lil over 200 though, it was crazy!)

3. YHOO and CIT news drivers you mentioned were out during trading hours on Friday.

Watch the financials (in particular GS) and Q's for clues on Monday.

I feel like this earnings season could have some big surprises to the upside mixed in there....but it won't be enough to shift sentiment for more than a day or two.