7 Stocks Fell For Every 5 That Rose. "The Recovery Is Over. Don't Expect Much."

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 24, 2007.

1. 'Black Swans'

They come along about every 3-4 years, even though standard deviation calculations say they should only come along every 7000 years or so, and no one can possibly have anticipated them. Not quants. Not computers. No one.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92211&highlight=taleb

#11     Apr 24, 2007
  2. Electric , your not a looser . Your a smart guy and one day , probly when you least expect it maybe, everything will come in place and your be profitable , consistently .. and in the mean time your very humble , unlike some others on here who love to " rub it in your face" every chance they get . Don't ever change from how you are now , and one day , it will all fall into place ..
    good luck ... jake

#12     Apr 24, 2007
  3. I think ES is joking and smoking, phil.

I suspect he's one of the few people who's not a piker, like me.

He probably has a $6,000 shower curtain, and sleeps in 32,000 thread count sheets.

He likes his coffee white, and his toast black. And he likes cold lamb sandwiches.

I suspect this because he is modest and self-deprecating, which is not a quality of posers.

#13     Apr 24, 2007
  4. you guys take the cake....

#14     Apr 24, 2007
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

one thing for certain he drives a car which has no blue book value. :p

#15     Apr 24, 2007
  6. A fundamental habit he has in common with other extremely wealthy people.

I read 'The Mind of A Millionaire.' Great book.

These people all drove cars worth less than 5 or 6k.

The authors of the book only got to interview their subjects because they offered them free danish and coffee, and almost everyone who attended took as many of the pens that were distributed to fill out the surveys with them when they went home.

#16     Apr 24, 2007
  7. #17     Apr 24, 2007
  8. lmao!

I rented one at last years ICSC Convention in Las Vegas, ES, and I was very impressed with it as I drove it all the way to Phoenix on some free time, looking at commercial real estate along the way.

It was very comfortable, actually, and wasn't as bad on gas as I feared, although it was mostly highway driving.

#18     Apr 24, 2007