7 reasons U.S. needs a Good Depression now

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Jul 5, 2011.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

I think that governments will collapse and it will be anarchy.

#41     Jul 5, 2011
  2. Then 3-4 billion people will literally starve to death.

I don't see things getting anywhere near that bad, at least not in N.A and Western Europe.

Infrastructure doesn't disappear overnight, and there are many parts of the West that, when it comes down it, can very quickly get regionally self-sufficient, at the expense of having fewer new iPhones etc.

#42     Jul 5, 2011
  3. This guy sounds like the offspring of Olias. Just as oblivious.

#43     Jul 5, 2011
  4. Isn't that what we want?

Can you imagine how lonely it would be around here if all the traders got jobs?

#44     Jul 5, 2011
  5. S2007S

S2007S

This entire world economy is being propped up, nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Wait till China slows and Commodities collapse sending all emerging markets lower....then what, QE4? QE5? maybe QE6....

They know nothing but to keep spending thinking that this is the way out of the credit crisis.....

Just to let you know this economy is still in a credit crisis and still in a recession, there isnt going to be a second dip recession because were in the same one since the economy collapsed in 2007!

Bubble ben bernanke thinks he has turned things around, but all he really did was create more asset bubbles!!!!!!

#45     Jul 5, 2011
  6. How can Commodities collapse if US prints more and more $$'s?

#46     Jul 5, 2011
  7. I believe it was implied with the China "slows" theory.

#47     Jul 5, 2011
  8. trading wont be possible in depression due to transaction taxes

#48     Jul 5, 2011
  9. We need a good depression? Reminds me of a bunch of FNG's eager for combat. Everyone assumes they'll survive, then the shit hits the fan... We don't need or want a depression, and anyone who does is nut's.

#49     Jul 5, 2011
  10. OK, so we're not in a depression after all. Got it.

#50     Jul 6, 2011