7 reasons U.S. needs a Good Depression now

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Jul 5, 2011.

1. What's the point in being "scared shitless"?

#31     Jul 5, 2011
  2. this might be inappropriate, but these first-world-problems made me think of Tech Crunchs' editor Mike Butchers tweet yesterday:

#32     Jul 5, 2011
  3. that might be inappropriate, but made me think of an illustration that the tech crunch editor mike butch tweeted yesterday:

#33     Jul 5, 2011
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

I don't think they have a choice.

I think it will be like the beginning of the Empire of the Rising Sun. People who have an affluent life style and power will lose it almost over night and be powerless with nothing. OK it will be minus the guns but it will repo men coming to their houses rather than the Japanese army.

Is that a good analogy.

#34     Jul 5, 2011
  5. If this is a depression, then I don't know what all those people were whining about in the 30's...

#35     Jul 5, 2011
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

It's the calm before the storm.

#36     Jul 5, 2011
  7. We need a true recover not a debt driven recovery sponsored by the central bank. Were did all the money go, who made off with all the loot. Make no mistake this nation is being looted.

#37     Jul 5, 2011
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Anytime you want to debate facts, let me know...

#38     Jul 5, 2011
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

This is what scares me the most. Aggregate demand or money supply was supported by debt. When the credit crunch happened it meant people weren't buying that debt anymore. This means demand cannot be sustained through debt anymore. One problem is unemployment but the biggest problem in my opinion is debt repayment. If the money supply retracts it becomes impossible to repay the existing debt levels.

My view is that the next step will be enormous unemployment, bankruptcy and pension funds collapse.

#39     Jul 5, 2011
  10. Pension collapse imminent, the real question is how long can they fool the public, you know cover things up, the media will do as they are told, so it may go on for a while. Thank goodness for the intranet.

But you see they are working on the intranet as we speak. All these hacks are a false flag. They will use it to introduce ways for government spying. You know for our own good.

#40     Jul 5, 2011