7 million lost jobs: Gone forever?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Doesn't mean there will be NO [as in ZERO] job creation, but rather jobs will return (1) in a trickle vs. a flurry, and (2) the overall quality of returning jobs will be far inferior to the well-paying jobs lost.

I wouldn't deprive you of the satisfaction of figuring out on your own why this is true and why it truly is "different this time".

:D

#21     Jan 8, 2010
  2. Funny picture! But J.K. worked for Societe Generale... although I'm sure you know that and this is another inside joke I'm not privy to. :(

#22     Jan 8, 2010
  3. ?.....(that Lockheed "thing")......You're right. It's something along those lines. :cool:

#23     Jan 8, 2010
  4. Emigration.

#24     Jan 8, 2010
  5. Perhaps it's good thing that certain jobs never come back.

#25     Jan 8, 2010
  6. I visited the US a few times (albeit some years ago) and what struck me most was the amount of useless jobs people seemed to occupy.

Opening doors, telling people which way to go when there is no other way to go then straight forward, etc.

I would say the higher employment figures the US enjoyed over the last decades were partially unsustainable clearly and the crisis as of late was as good a reason to cut some skin for businesses than any other.

#26     Jan 8, 2010
  7. Makes me thankful to be a independent trader.

#27     Jan 8, 2010
  8. rew

rew

Keep in mind that our government insists upon importing one million legal immigrants per year, and wants to give amnesty to about 20 million illegal immigrants. So there has to be steady job growth just to keep the unemployment level from rising further.

#28     Jan 8, 2010