7 Figure traders

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mr_byte31, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Trend following is NOT dead... nor will it ever be. However, it's not the only game in town.

#21     Sep 21, 2018
    JSOP and comagnum like this.
  2. would someone care about commissions fees if he is making 7 figures?
    would it matter for him if he pay 10K commissions at the end of the year?

#22     Sep 21, 2018
  3. bone

bone

I was contacted several years ago by SMB and was asked to teach spread trading for them which I declined to do. Their roots are in stock trading courses and stock trading. I am not at all sure if these are the same firm principals.

As a general side note there was in the past regulatory issues with mixing educational course funds and stock trading account funds in the proprietary trading industry.

I see that they offer a $1475 Market Profile course in the SMB education division.

They seem to want to expand into futures aggressively, but there are regulatory issues with futures proprietary trading that are very much different than equities proprietary trading. You can only risk the firm's capital with exchange registered proprietary futures trading.

Long established proprietary futures trading firms like DRW or Jump or Prime (there are more) for example are not going to charge a new hire for training.

I have seen in the past some Chicago area prop firms (no longer around) that taught their traders the same strategies and methods (Goldenberg Hehmeyer most notably) and even berated traders for deviating from them. As you can imagine, when the firm had a bad day it was a really bad day.

#23     Sep 21, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  4. Daal

Daal

Having read a lot of trading books in my life, I can tell you that SMB's Bellafiore "One Good Trade" is a must for intraday traders. I wish I had read that when I started.

#24     Sep 21, 2018
    777 likes this.
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

so i searched and downloaded the pdf of this book and read it. what did you get from it, more the psychological aspects?

#25     Sep 21, 2018
  6. These guys are SCALPERS! I am not scared of you..

#26     Sep 21, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  7. d08

d08

Exactly. Leverage constraints are due to idiots who trade high leverage and high correlation, properly used it's a different story.

#27     Sep 22, 2018
  8. schweiz

schweiz

Expenses, so also commissions, should be seen in relation to profits.
    If you pay 1 million in commissions and make 1 million, your commissions are relevant.
    If you pay 1 million in commissions and make 10 million, your commissions are irrelevant.

In every kind of business you have income and expenses. First rule is that income should always be bigger than expenses.

#28     Sep 22, 2018
  9. Daal

Daal

It highlights pretty well traits a good intraday trader needs. It also shows well how to think as a trader, in particular his emphasis on "if then" statements. His daily report card idea is also pretty good. There are a lot of great habits to be picked up there

#29     Sep 22, 2018
    777, trader99 and MarkBrown like this.
  10. For me trading is not about psychology, habits or discipline. Its mostly about solving problems. If you have a consistently profitable strategy you will have no problems executing it no matter what.

Yeah im totally in the camp of the more leverage the better

#30     Sep 22, 2018