6E is awesome

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by ChkitOut, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Surdo

Surdo

TradeStation calls it EC while NinjaTrader and IB call it EC, both refer to the same EUR/USD futures contract on CME GLOBEX.

Actually The CME website denotes there is a difference, but this is not true on TS!

CME Globex Electronic Markets: 6E
    Open Outcry (All-or-None only): EC

#21     Mar 25, 2010
  2. Anybody played with the E7 or M6E?

#22     Mar 25, 2010
  3. Surdo

Surdo

6E - Vol. 377,450 VERY tradeable
    E7 - Vol. 5,140 not too liquid, barely tradeable
    M6E - Vol. 3,427 really not liquid....or tradeable!!!

WTF....Doesn't anybody bother to look at times and sales or The CME website before posting?

Wait...why do the 3 minutes of work if someone will spoon feed me!

#23     Mar 25, 2010
  4. 6E is nice, but if you really were any good you would still need to trade very highly liquid products such as ES, or the ZN for those 100+ lot trades.

#24     Mar 25, 2010
  5. Surdo

Surdo

There is plenty of money to be made and lost with the volatility/liquidity of 6E.

If you are a medium swinging dick a 10 lot X 10 tics is still $1250:p

#25     Mar 25, 2010
  6. There is more then enough liquidity in the 6E.

True its no ES but guess what, I get filled when sitting on the bid or offer. i don't need to sit behind 2000 lots. :)

#26     Mar 25, 2010
  7. you can be trading this right now and getting action.

be on the right side of course. :D

#27     Mar 25, 2010
  8. moarla

moarla

you can trade the future 6E and the Forex EURUSD at the same time, so you have plenty of liquidity. They moce exactly same.

#28     Mar 26, 2010
  9. pma

pma

In my minds eye 6E is similar to Cl-you get your answer pretty quick if you have a good trade or not :eek:

#29     Mar 26, 2010
  10. Baywolf

Baywolf

I would love to see these CME FX products take off. I can't stand hearing about people trading in traditional FX (retail). Volume is hidden, wide spreads, middle men, splintered venues. The CME FX futures on the other hand are a dream: a direct access and centralized venue, full transparency on the book, T&S, API access and CME co-location in 2011. fuck yes. This is as close as retail can ever get to the pros.

fwiw, im still only trading ES and NQ. but more like 90% ES.

#30     Mar 26, 2010