67 % Americans unhappy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, May 23, 2008.

1. Gloating about hot and cold running water?

Pretty basic, I wonder why all countries don't have hot and cold running water?

Teens on cell phones? I supppose if all your needs are met you would have time to talk on the phone.

"we are engaged in burning the skin off of children and calling it "collateral damage";"

I'm confused. When the suicide bombers blow up the market place against their fellow citizens what is the term for that? Only "we" cause collateral damage"? We can minimize "collateral damage" to an extent but only we are guilty?

Our country places a high value on life. We have nut jobs hoping to spare the life of bugs, pets and vegetables over humans for chrissake.

#11     May 24, 2008
  2. client#9

client#9

No use tryin to change their minds. Liberals are just a very unhappy bunch. The world is just a very gloomy place to them, and nothing will enlighten their worldview.
    http://news.aol.com/newsbloggers/2008/05/23/why-secular-liberals-are-so-unhappy/

#12     May 24, 2008
  3. Good one. Really, I'm not trying to change their minds. I write to internalize and confirm my thoughts. To do a little critical proof reading on my personal viewpoints. If anyone gets anything out of my posts, yahoo for them, it's not intentional. lol.

#13     May 24, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

It pleases me that Leno apparently didn't write that shallow, brainless recounting of "blessings" that was really an idiotic attempt to belittle those who are concerned about the direction our country is taking.

I rather like Leno, so i'm happy to learn he did not write that drivel.

#14     May 24, 2008
  5. Sure, the US treasury has been shot to shit, the Bush Administration lies as easily as it breathes, the corruption associated with the rebuilding of Iraq is mounting to historically unprecedented levels, environmental measures have been dialed way back because many of the people presently in charge were the very lobbyists who opposed protective legislation, there are more Americans living in poverty, America's reputation ain't what it used to be and the Republican propaganda machine is attributing mindless pap to unsuspecting "authors." But how about that running water, eh? 24/7!!

You are being effortlessly robbed by a pickpocket while he is jiggling his shiny keys in front of your face. 24/7.

#15     May 24, 2008
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Nonsense, even after the terrible blow of 9/11 and while we were fighting major wars to free two nations from terrible dictators and stabilize the Middle East, the economy took the tax cuts and did fine, way above other comparable economies around the world, and millions of new jobs were created. We were again loved by our friends and feared by our enemies - not a bad place to be. Dignity was finally restored to the White House after the Clinton disgusting affairs and lies under oath that resulted in his impeachment and humiliating disbarment. I understand how that made Democrats feel, guys, but it's not the Republicans' fault, is it? Good judges were once again appointed, education was given a new chance to life and seniors are getting their medicine for almost nothing for the first time ever. Most of these initiatives were achieved through healthy bipartisanship, with even Ted Kennedy supporting Bush's education plan, not to mention the Medicare prescription plan that was passed almost 50-50 across both Houses.

Yes, the economy is naturally a bit soft now but the turn is happening as we speak, and no concrete evidence of a recession (two consecutive quarters with negative growth) is apparent anywhere. Many, if not most, market experts are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel at about the end of this year and are gradually bidding the market up. Our debt is high, but wasteful bills like this Farm bill that Bush failed to stop are making the situation worse, and he can't fix it alone. There's the reason why Americans approve of him about double than they approve Congress, it's the right ratio to have at this point. Yes, UBL is still alive (maybe) but AlQaeda is crushed and on the run. Yes, our troops are still in Iraq, but, with our help, the Iraqi government is taking over and having several first major successes in combatting the various renegade militias that Iran is supporting, eg, in Basra, Mosul, Baghdad. Soon, we will have free and democratic Iraq and Afghanistan, if we don't turn around and run like irresponsible cowards. That's what the Democrats and their media are afraid most of all: that, under close scrutiny, things are actually not that bad and are actually getting better all the time. Nooooooo! They can't have that, something must be wrong, somewhere, and if they can't find it, they'll lie about it, no problemo...

If only we could have four more years... or eight if possible... any ideas, anyone? :)

#16     May 24, 2008
    #17     May 24, 2008
  8. jem

jem

It is so hard to be a conservative when the true nature of conservatism as been perverted by that shit head in the white house and a bunch of weak ass greedy fools who ran as republicans.

I have had my pocket effortlessly picked and I do not know where to turn.

I feel like running for office but I have 3 little kids who need to eat so I can't be off scrounging up campaign funds and votes.

By the way I did vote for Ross Perot over Bush. And I only vote for w once.

The sad thing is I still would not have voted for Kerry, and I am just not sure Al Gore would have been the right guy for the job either because I do not know what he would have done after 911.

#18     May 24, 2008
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Wow, for some reason I'm happy, and there is all this misery in the world.... I decided not to worry about it or try to fix the slightest bit of it that I did not directly cause.. if I directly cause some of it, I'm all over it, I'll not rest until the situation is made right, but the collateral damaged people with third degree burns... really, and I should feel bad because that happened? It wasn't my idea of a good time at all.. and overall, amongst the burnt, maybe there are a lot that are better of for what the US did even taking into account the burns...

Anyhow I'm just writing this to offset the really strong desire to set my hair on fire and run in circles because of some war problems... really....... what happened to all the human shields, did any of them actually sit there and get wasted.. where is the follow up on all these stories......... maybe they still could use more of them........... if you are REALLY CONCERNED about the war you would be dead already instead of just trying to make us all feel shitty........ so I have to conclude that the people that are making us feel bad about some war problems really don't care about the war, they just care about making us feel bad..... am I making sense or is it just the wrong time for me to be thinking on a Saturday afternoon....... make that evening, time flies when you are having fun you know....... which comes first, the desire to do psychological sabotage on us or the anti war thingy?

#19     May 24, 2008

10. Ron Paul.

#20     May 24, 2008