666...the Devils Moving Average

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crackhead, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Thank you for your explanation. Now the only thing I have to find out what I experienced before my birth. I'm having difficulties remembering anything before I was 3 years old.

#31     Oct 4, 2003
  2. all we can do is explain things to the best of our current abilities. that is what science is. with what we observe, we try to explain it the best we can. if we realize something is wrong, we correct it WITHOUT BS, LIKE RELIGION, INTERFERING. whatever the truth points to, that is it. we don't hold unobservable beliefs and claim it's not the truth because you can't prove it wrong.

THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER OFF IF SCIENCE WAS THE RELIGION OF MAN THROUGHOUT HIS EXISTENCE ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

SCIENCE IS MY RELIGION AND I LOVE IT. I WOULDN'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY.

#32     Oct 4, 2003
  3. there is no experience before birth. you had no sensors (eyes, ears, nose, etc.) or functionion brain. you became a conscious being when these formed and began to work. when they don't exist/function again (when they die), you go right back to how you were before you were born--nothingness.

#33     Oct 4, 2003
  4. Why didn't you say that in the beginning? That would have shut me up right away. It is hard to argue against this statement of yours. Not only would the world be better off, but I personally would have had a better life if I had been taught to call science my religion. However, to the Jesuites' credit I should mention that the priest who was supposed to teach me religion, told me several times that if he had to do it again, he would not study theology, but rather physics and math.

#34     Oct 4, 2003
  5. Sometimes it requires more faith to believe that we die and "that's it". All religions try to explain death in their own way, but all agree that something happens after death. It's tough accepting that "this is it" , life is about money, sex, political agendas, constantly trying to feed our egos, etc. Does anything paranormal ever occur? Anyway, the 666 moving average sucks.

#35     Oct 4, 2003
  6. ok, guys, i'm getting off my computer for a while. seriously, i think everyone should be able to have their own beliefs, whatever they are. but i must say, i strongly dislike how religion is commonly suggested to children at a young age. i don't like that AT ALL.

however, i also believe it's just as fine to debate the beliefs of others. i don't like when people say not to attack their beliefs. go ahead and attack mine, i think that's fine. i don't think there's anything wrong with attacking religion or my scientific-type beliefs.

#36     Oct 4, 2003
  7. I contend that we are both atheists:
    I just believe in one god less than you.
    When you understand why you choose not
    to believe in all the other available gods,
    you will understand why I choose
    not to believe in yours.

Robert Stephens

peace

axeman

#37     Oct 4, 2003
  8. i became christian last year after 2 years in college of searching

i was just as mislead as you guys were: I thought hell was a place where you get burned and tortured by fire

luckily my christian friends explained to me that: 'hell is simply a place where god is NOT there'

so why does hell suck then?

cause all the good things on this earth come from God: love, friendship, justice, material things, truth

in hell, you don't get to experience any of those things

But if God loves us, how can he send us to hell?

Take this example: suppose you want to marry this girl but she won't accept the proposal. now you could point a gun to her head and say 'marry me' but that wouldn't be true love would it? if you loved her, you would let her go, even though it is so painful for you to do

Same thing with God. God loves us but he can't force us to recognize and love him by pointing a gun to our heads. It hurts him a lot to do this but he has to give us what we want: 'a life without god, or hell.'

bottom line: it is NOT that God sends us to hell, WE OURSELVES CHOOSE HELL (or heaven)

#38     Oct 4, 2003
  9. pspr

pspr

And you sir, have trouble arriving at correct probibilities from the lessons life teaches.

#39     Oct 4, 2003
  10. i have to say one more thing....

it is known that you can't have pleasure without pain. we don't have bull markets without bear markets. you can't have one without the other.

people take pills when they are sad. everyone gets sad. being sad sometimes is a normal thing. if you were never sad, you can't have happiness. for those people who are sad a lot, maybe their life REALLY DOES SUCK and being sad is the APPROPRIATE response. personally, i'm against all this depression diagnosis and all these pills. how many million people are on these things?? do we all really have disorders, or is this just how we are?

anyway, getting back to why i wanted to reply........ i totally accept death as the end of my everything. assuming this is IS IT for me, i try to live the best i can.

#40     Oct 4, 2003