65 million flats in China are vacant

Discussion in 'Economics' started by richardyu301, Jul 11, 2010.

1. :p Can he please get into Forex, I need guys like him.

#121     Jul 23, 2010
  2. heech

heech

"Wikipedia"? I lived in China during both the 80s and recently, and remember the real estate market from both. (If you can even call the 1980s a "real estate market"... there were minimal so-called "commercial" residential properties in urban areas; that period was only the start of danwei-subsidized housing construction. It wasn't until 1994 that my extended family were amongst the first in our city to have our old 1930s home torn down and replaced with a 4-story walk-up apartment.)

First of all, good luck finding the same block in China that has apartments built in both 1989 and 2010. Second of all, good luck finding the same buildings that have remotely the same construction.

Since you are obviously based in Hong Kong, let's just talk about the Shenzhen market. (By the way, I own an ocean-view 465 sqm apartment on the 33rd floor in Futian.) I bought it at 9000 RMB/sqm back in 2005, and market value is currently around 15000-25000 RMB/sqm.

Are you claiming that in Shenzhen, the buildings built in 2010 are automatically 20%-30% more expensive than well-maintained buildings with *identical* amenities built in 2000? Do you want to start talking about specific property names?

#122     Jul 23, 2010
  3. heech, why do you waste your time. The guy is just some redneck that never left his state his whole life, talking out of a google search engine. Dont bother, not worth it.

#123     Jul 23, 2010

4. a) 2005 property bought for 9k rmb, now 15k rmb,

As I mentioned, during market uptrends, everything goes up and you do not see the -3% depreciation per year when the property prices are jumping 25% per year annual. Now, market price has "stablized" and is downtrending, you will see the -3% annual depreciation VERY clearly.

b) If I were you , I'd be selling that futian apartment, that and nanshan (suburbia) .
    The property prices in suburbia is going down at least 50-60% over the next few years.

- Speculation taxes on #2nd property instituted 2 months ago.
    - Sales volume dropped 40-50% immediately after that law came into place.
    -There is no support or ability to support from the local residents for these prices.
    - Prices can not be supported by thin air or people from HK , factory owners in dongguan , or expats in shekou.

c) The only areas I can see areas dropping LESS (40-50% ) are the properties in 5 block vicinities of every single metro stop, from louhu to SZ University.

#124     Jul 23, 2010