$65 Million apartment - No Financing Allowed!!

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by JSOP, Apr 10, 2017.

1. JSOP

JSOP

http://www.sothebyshomes.com/nyc/sales/00111231

The utmost in elegance and comfort. No financing allowed means it's targeting foreign buyers who are looking to hide cash. LOL What a shame, something so beautiful falling into the hands of some corrupt politicians.

2. The kitchen is awful

3. luisHK

luisHK

Well, if you have 65million cash for the flat you can probably get a credit to renovate the kitchen.
    It looks very nice indeed, extremely pricey though, wonder if that's the kind of listing which disappears after a while and comes back wildly discounted.

4. Mtrader

Mtrader

5. speedo

speedo

People who buy properties like this don't just move in. First thing is to retain a decorator and often an architect. No matter how nice the finish out, they want to personalize. Depp's house is nice but a bit of a commute to Wall St. if the buyer is a financier, who would likely have a nice beach house in the Hampton's for weekends and holidays.

6. southall

southall

I rarely enter my kitchen.
    That part of the house is normally for my chef, butler and other house staff.

7. LOL

8. JSOP

JSOP

The kitchen is NOT awful!!! All they did was that they divided the kitchen into two quarters, the cooking quarter and the dining quarter with that huge stack of cabinets in the middle. That's probably not to your taste. So I would do in this case is knock off the huge cabinets in the middle and instead install cabinets on top of the counter all around the wall like those typical gourmet kitchen. It would open up the space a bit more I agree and make the place lot roomier and integrated. But then again, we don't know WHY they choose to put that huge stack of cabinets there. 1) It could be the walls were not stable enough for cabinets to be installed there or whatever other technical issue 2) they need MORE cabinets in addition to the ones that they have already installed along the walls. Face it you can NEVER have enough cabinets in a kitchen. It seems that no matter how many you have, you will ALWAYS ALWAYS run out of them.

And then, I would have the kitchen in a different colour perhaps and DEFINITELY take away the green stuff on the doors. Way too white there that it looks a bit like a mental asylum room there. LOL

Other than that, it's still a really nice and roomy kitchen, much larger than those cubicle-size kitchens that they make "open concept" to look better in majority of the constructions these days.

Then again, if you can buy this property with NO FINANCING, chances are you won't be cooking in this kitchen very often. LOL Most often, you will be dining out in those top michelin-star restaurants scattered around New York (one even is the No. 1 on the list of the Top 50 Best Restaurants in the world). No you will only be using this kitchen when you are entertaining like throwing a party for the Prince of Brunei. LOL

9. JSOP

JSOP

10. Mtrader

Mtrader

Did not say I like Depp's house, but at least better than that horrible flat at 65 mio.
    I prefer a smaller and cosy house with a garden, waterfront and privacy. Don't need a palace.
    I am quite familiar with what's on the market on the French Riviera. Thousands of houses are for sale now. Taxes, Russians and North Africans chase away people.

#10     Apr 11, 2017
    Clubber Lang likes this.