64% Of Americans See The Country On Wrong Track

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 9, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

The proportion of Americans who believe the country is on the right track dropped 7 points in the past month to 31 percent, and 64 percent think the country is on the wrong track.

It was the highest number of people in an Ipsos poll who believe the country is going in the wrong direction since Obama took office in January 2009.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/09/us-obama-poll-idUSTRE7284SZ20110309

2. What was the % before the November election when the republicans seized control of the House and many states?

3. Unfortunately, half want the country to go in one direction and the other half the opposite direction.

4. Polarization, indeed.

Who profits from that? Follow the money trail.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

One-half is willing to participate in democracy and try to live with its outcomes and the other-half believes it is legitimate to flee-town instead of participating in democracy and then fight every democratic outcome.

6. what was it in 08

7. pspr

pspr

I wonder how many of the 31% that think we are going in the right direction are also part of the 35% who get a monthly handout from the government. Probably well over 90% of them.

8. You took the words out of my mouth (or in this case off my keyboard). They are a combination of public sector pensioners with the perpetual gravy train of monthly checks and government employees who saw their compensation go parabolic since Obama took office.

Private sector small business sees just the opposite, I'd like a poll of those who receive absolutely no government subsidy, contracts or pensions, etc...It would be 95% negative.