600 Trillion Dollar Storm About to Hit (That They Didn't Want You To Hear About)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 18, 2008.

1. #31     Oct 18, 2008
  2. Okay, let's assume 35 trillion.

Does anyone have a reasonable, or even remotely reasonable, method of calculating the prospective losses on that 35 trillion by the time all is said and done?

Also, does anyone have the faintest idea of how long the whole unwinding process will take? Months? Years?

#32     Oct 18, 2008
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Volume. As in contracts traded. In what, a year? Boys and girls, we are traders. We know the difference between volume and float. Right?

#33     Oct 18, 2008
  4. TGregg

TGregg

That's spot on. Look at WaMu (#@&% them feds, anyways). Did JPM buy the regulators strippers and booze? I think a lot of this could have been at least slightly averted had the feds attached at least some of the debt to the assets. . .

#34     Oct 18, 2008
  5. I like how you put it, your post is very logical, thanks for the clear description

#35     Oct 19, 2008
  6. 2ez

2ez

T his was discussed on 60min last Sunday. The Interviewer asked the Analyst.......so CDS is like insurance......

and the Analyst said yes....but they do not call it insurance because then it will have to be regulated.

It started with Lehman.....now let's see what else is in store. Seems a new variable is introduced to the Fallout equation every other week.

#36     Oct 19, 2008
  7. yes, its a good example how informative ET can be. Nice work pals,

#37     Oct 19, 2008
  8. First a shout out to Pabst, this guy rocks, and I think (as everyone knows now) was spot on with assessment earlier in the thread.

Now I do have one lingering thought. As was mentioned, many of these positions were off setted. What I'd like to know is to what percentage? If Lehman's recent sale was any indicator, could we say north of 60%? I'm curious on this, anyone have an idea?

#38     Oct 19, 2008