$600 rebate. What would I do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Feb 16, 2008.

1. i'm spending it on tuition

#11     Feb 16, 2008
  2. Nah, Nitro's a good trader and pretty computer savy as well on the analytical side, so if he's spending so much in commissions and raking in the dough, that should be telling.
    $600 rebate?

Well, I've tried the church thing, they're nice, but they ain't no saints.

I've done "donate to poor people thing" ... they have a tendcy to hold their hand out, looking for more.

While the hooker thing sounds interesting, I'm going to have to pass on that (just say no to STD's).

So I guess that just leaves me and putting it in my pocket. :cool:

#12     Feb 16, 2008
  3. Did they say it was a stimulus package, or to stimulate your package? :eek:

#13     Feb 16, 2008
  4. REMEMBER You can tell if it's a hooker by throwing a box of condoms at her as you drive by. If she picks them up, she isn't a hooker.

:eek:

#14     Feb 16, 2008
  5. Nanook

Nanook

Tax rebate winners and losers (from Bankrate.com): http://biz.yahoo.com/brn/080216/24581.html?.v=1

"Your rebate amount will begin phasing out if you're a single filer with an adjusted gross income, or AGI, of more than $75,000; more than $150,000 for married couples filing jointly.

These taxpayers will find their rebates reduced by $50 for every $1,000 above the income limit. That means the $600 rebate will be eliminated for individuals with an $87,000 AGI; it will be zeroed out for married joint filers with an AGI of $174,000."

#15     Feb 16, 2008
  6. LOL,

OH YEA? gross 500 K and have over 350 in TAX SHELTERS?

Umm, forgive my ignorance but most tax shelters only allow you to write off "PASSIVE INCOME" agains PASSIVE LOSSES". NOT CAPITAL GAINS OR ORDINARY INCOME.

If you play a few shares in an OIL & GAS DPP, your 'IDCs" are writeoffs, but not against your Capital Gains or Ordinary Income.

Unless you have Capital Losses of 350K and carry them forward, from your trading, but that is not a "TAX SHELTER".

I think you need to understand "Tax" shelters before you throw that logic around.

#16     Feb 16, 2008
  7. no one here knows what they're talking about re: the rebate. so far i haven't seen a single correct post.

the qualifying income is based on the earned income portion of your agi. that means BEFORE deductions.

cap gains, dividends and interest are not included in qualifying income because they are not earned.

#17     Feb 16, 2008
  8. what to do with $600? NOT spend it to stimulate the chinese economy.

It will do fine sitting in the bank...

#18     Feb 16, 2008
  9. nitro you're one great philanthropist ..

#19     Feb 17, 2008
  10. I know of a couple of things....

[​IMG]

#20     Feb 17, 2008