$600 Million for a campaign, typical Democrat inefficient spending.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Obama cites his huge bloated campaign as a credential to be president.

Of course nobody knows the extent of waste or inefficiency within the campaign. You just need to compare it to the McCain operation.
    McCain has spent $100 million and has close to the same results of Obama who has spent $600 million.

Seems like it is McCain who should be getting credit for running a cost effective campaign. Fits with his theme of less spending..

2. Excellent point.

3. No,McCain had trouble raising money because most of his supporters are "Joe the plumber" types. Loud mouths with small bank accounts.
    but now he's limited by public financing and the RNC can't raise shit.
    Seriously, how much money do you raise from people who are late paying their taxes ?

If Barack were the "Black" candidate, he would not have raised much from this poor constituency. Tells you how many Jews, whites and asians, males & females are behind this guy.

One day you will wake up and it'll finally hit you that Bush with his unwavering support of free trade destroyed the manufacturing sector on which most blue collar whites relied for a decent income and a somewhat stable future.
    He also made things worse by pressing for "market based" solutions for heath care while GM was crushed under the rising costs of its retirees health care costs.
    GM can't compete not because its cars suck, it can't compete because it's at 2000 $ disadvantage per each car they make compared to Japanese manufacturers.

Bush destroyed middle class white america. and that's very sad to watch.

4. Lol. You had 70 or so posts YESTERDAY alone. Now what is that you were saying about loud mouths?

5. This is the upside of currency trading :) plenty of time to argue.
    Shows you how much I want to see the GOP out.
    I can't wait for Nov 4. I'm tired.

6. Another thing to consider is where all that money is coming from.

Maybe some of Obama's wealthy friends are starting to spread their wealth around.

7. Do you have a citation or a link for this claim? If this is true, it's the first I've heard of it.

8. Think about it,
    This is a trader's forum so the majority is bound to understand some basic math.

--Obama is going to raise the marginal tax rate on people who make more than 250k by 3 %
    -- The max political contribution an individual can make is 2300 $.

2300 $ is 3 % of 77,000.

So anyone who makes more than 250 + 77 = around 330k per year would break even by giving the max contribution to McCain.

So why isn't McCan raising crazy amount of cash. from the rich ????????

So logically if you follow these clowns line of thought. Every single person in the US who makes more than 330k should contribute the MAX to McCain's campaign, out of pure financial self-interest.

BECAUSE. It's Joe the plumber types, the 40k crowd who's bitching about that. I saw it here firsthand

9. Bush with his unwavering support of free trade destroyed the manufacturing sector on which most blue collar whites relied for a decent income and a somewhat stable future.
    ----------------------------

Have you ever tried to build anything in this country? MFG has been zoned out of existence.

10. Zoning is as much an annoyance to MFG as Acne to a stage IV cancer patient.
    GM, Chrysler and Ford had their plants in place long time ago. didn't help them.

#10     Oct 21, 2008