60 Minutes Story on Corporate Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mav, the arbiter on who is a real libertarian.

Sheesh...

#31     Mar 28, 2011
  2. Wha?

What does polygamy and gay marriage have to do with one another?

I would love to see what would happen if bigamy laws were relaxed. We are a polygamous society defacto anyways, but that is not the point.

It's a tough place to be. At some point we will have to find out just how far we have come and take off the training wheels, I do agree with that.

I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to human nature and profit. As deregulation marched forward the wealth gap got much worse. Correlated?

#32     Mar 28, 2011
  3. I think you need to check your watch.

The regressives want to take us back in time, you know a time when white people owned slaves...

#33     Mar 28, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are not adding any value to the conversation. Go back to watching MSNBC.

#34     Mar 28, 2011
  5. Actually I am watching Louis KC.

Did you always think of yourself as an authority figure, you know, telling people what they need to do, how to run their lives, whether or not they were real libertarians, etc.

Too funny mav, too funny.

#35     Mar 28, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look, both the left and right are always making extreme arguments about what will happen if we remove this law or that law. I don't buy it. I can give you 100 examples. Drug legalization is another. The idea if we removed unions that all of sudden we would go back to the times of Upton Sinclair are a joke. Just as legalizing drugs won't make everyone go out and buy them.

#36     Mar 28, 2011
  7. I hope that is not the larger view, as it would indicate that conservatives have overrun the libertarians and that would be death nell for that philosophy. The dems expelled the hard right, and the GOP is working on it. So now I guess they have settled with the libertarians if you are to be believed.

I do hope not:(

#37     Mar 28, 2011
  8. Republicans know that thats the only way the labor force can afford diapers and donuts is by resorting to slave wages and pay MBAS to boot. If they paid what it takes to afford a home and a budget donuts would skyrocket along with everything else. We're way past Henry Ford. I have a suspicion that whatever
    is being said at G7 and if you buy it, Bundesburger, Trilateral and
    all that Alex Jones stuff, one of the things is, bring the third world into the industrial age and someone will have to pay the brunt.

#38     Mar 28, 2011
  9. No issue with drug legalization. That is a change in viewpoint.

I can only hope u are right about profit. So far, stats indicate that the more the big guy can bash the little guy for profit, the more he will.

#39     Mar 28, 2011
  10. That is because labor unions have already gotten worker safety and labor laws on the books. Remove safe labor laws, child labor laws, minimum wage, remove every worker protection law on the books and you will see American industry go back to the industrial robber barons again. Tennessee Ernie Ford's "I owe my soul to the company store" will be popular again.

#40     Mar 28, 2011